Extended A-Arm and Spindle questions

Jethi

Jun 15, 2015
Metro Detroit, Michigan
Ok ok. I've been doing some research about extended a-arms for the blaster and it's more complicated than I had imagined. I know there's a lot of threads out there discussing this, I've read a good amount of them and it doesn't seem any cover this topic well enough. It appears that the a-arm kits I have found are suppose to use a castle nut ball joint for the upper a-arm, where as I have a pinch ball joint spindle for the top arm. They claim to be "bolt on" kits, but according to previous threads you cannot put a castle nut ball joint in the pinch style spindle.

However, It is said that the Alba Racing a-arms can be used with the pinch style spindle because it comes with a sleeve that allows you to pinch the ball joint. I have heard that this is fine and it works good, and I have also heard some not so great reviews as well. It seems pretty mixed.
I was ready to pull the trigger and buy these but then I did some more research, and here we are a week later and I'm still trying to figure this out.

Now here's the fun part: No matter what year blaster I look up, they all have pinch style spindles in the OEM diagrams. I'm confused as hell... I've seen non pinch spindles on a blaster, and I could have sworn I read that some came with non pinch style.
Am I seeing people with banshee spindles on their blaster??? American Star has a picture of their arms on a baster that has non pinch spindles, I'm pretty sure they are banshee spindles by the looks of it...

So this is what I have grasped so far, hopefully I know a bit and I'm in the correct direction. I just need some people with real experience with this topic to tune in and do some clarification so I can decide what I am going to do. I definitely need someone to confirm that you cannot use a castle nut ball joint for a pinch spindle.

Thanks guys :)

To answer your biggest questions you can't or shouldn't use castle nut joints on pinch style spindles.

You're correct in saying that all OEM blasters have a pinch style upper and on the stock arms they are not replacable. With aftermarket a arms the ball joints can be removed from the arms. So what a lot of people do when putting on new a arms, if they have a pre 03 and converting to hydraulics, is they choose to use the castle nut ball joints and get banshee or raptor spindles. This can be easier and cheeper then trying to find a set of +03 spindles. If you order a arms from say ASR you can request what style of ball/heim joints you want.

Your right it can be a complicated subject! Hope some of that cleared things up! Always feel free to ask more questions or if you need more clarification!

ASR sells heims that will fit in the pinch style bolt on the top. The problem that myself and alot of others have had is that ASR's heims go bad quick and you cant steer.

A set of banshee spindles will work for you. That's what I run with 4 castle nut ball joints. No problems or complaints with them.

Buying a set of arms is a pretty heavy commitment, but we'll worth it in the end. Good job looking for info and asking questions.

Thanks, I'm really leaning towards Banshee parts at this point, theres a place near me called Motor City ATV that sells Banshee parts that seems like a reasonable price. Those A-Arms are expensive alright, but it will be worth it when the quad isnt so tippy :D

Edit: Quick question, if I change the front to Banshee parts, will my stock 1999 Blaster front wheels still mount up? Or do I need to buy banshee wheels? Thanks!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Start a go fund me page with a promise that when you get enough money for A arms, you'll go kick Rattle Can Ray in the nuts and get it on video. You'll have people from all over the country sending you money.

Haha, well based on this and some quick searches, seems I wont be buying from him ;)