Airsal base gaskets

Jrdz2120

May 20, 2014
image.jpg
Hi,
Is anyone familiar with the airsal 240 kit? I picked one up not to long ago and I'm not sure about the base gaskets. It came with one steel and two green silicone coated gaskets and I'm not sure which one to use.
Thanks.

The steel spacer would be for if you're using a stroker crank. The port timings and squish clearance need to be set up properly.

how thick is the steel plate ?
usually a plate sandwiched between 2 gaskets is used to raise the cylinder/ports to make up for a stroked crank.
like 1.5 total thickness of all 3 pieces for +3mm crank, and 2mm for +4 crank

for a stock stroke crank I'd say just one of the green gaskets will suffice ?
maybe call whoever you bought them from or airsal themselves to confirm ?

The blue gaskets are .5mm and the steel one is 1.5mm. I'm thinking its to adjust compression.

I'm thinking its to adjust compression.

No, as I mentioned above, it's to adjust port timing and squish clearance for a stroker crank. Raising or lowering the cylinder affects much more than just the compression.

If it were a head gasket, it would be more in the lines of compression. Squish would still need to be checked though. Is the one gasket just coated and has a steal "like" center ? Prob aluminum.

Like stated, id call n see what the deal is. Report back.

The blue gaskets are .5mm and the steel one is 1.5mm. I'm thinking its to adjust compression.

+1.5
______
2mm

sound like the formula to raise the porting and head to allow for the extra 2mm upstroke of a +4mm crank.

Reactions: jus_me
The equation is wrong but the answer is correct. If you weren't using a stroker crank, you would still use a .5 mm gasket. So, with the .5 gasket and add 1.5 + .5 =2 mm for the 4 mm stroker you are in the ballpark, but still need to degree port timings and check squish.