94 blaster bottom end rebuild

2smokin

Mar 26, 2014
newell west virginia
sorry if im not in the correct place for this but i own a 1994 blaster and i believe its stock its had the top en rebuilt and thats all i know i hear a loud rattling/smacking sound at low rps it sounds like its toward the top part of the jug near the plug .. its not hitting the plug so im just guessing since it needed rebuilt on the top end it is the year 2014 and i believe a bottom end refresher and a 3mill crank are in order .. i know im skipping alot of info but im horrible at english and get lost easily and yes im american anyway i emailed ken cause ive spent countless hours reading this forum and have had great outcome .. you guys are knowledgable he said 400 for a complete bottom end rebuild without shipping around 400 i figure i dont have that much money and i was looking at other options like a used bottom end or even doing it myself i am a very good mechanic and have worked on alot of things but this particular task makes me weary looks like alot can go wrong but kens video was helpfull and that finally brought me here would you guys advise me getting the tusk crank tool and some mapp gas and just do ot myself or know of anywhere near ohio and westvirginia or pensylvania to send the bottom end to get redone a little cheaper and yes i know ken is the best but sadly i wont have the 400 or 500 to spend like that even tho his work is absolutely amazing quality ..sorry for the lengthy post

You can split those cases with a gear puller if you have one handy. Just pay attention to the details, and draw diagrams, put everytihing in labled ziplock bags so you know what it is, and I'm sure you'll amaze yourself. You can do it, just have to have confidence and a good plan.

that's what i like to hear i have done alot of work already and picked the bike up for 400$. im kind of budgeting but will spend when necessary and i will buy the one from tusk that acts as a seperator and crank puller or something but i dont want to end up completely screwing myself and have my motor torn apart and never be able to put it back together