240 Vito's bbk

Rico

Feb 17, 2014
What's up guys I traded a pellet gun for a 240 bbk but iam not sure what size piston to get for it and how do I tell if it needs resleeved and bored again anything would help thanks it looks new to me except the outside of the jug is dirty and the sleeve is a lil rusted from moisture and sitting please hope someone can help. Thanks in advance

What's up guys I traded a pellet gun for a 240 bbk but iam not sure what size piston to get for it and how do I tell if it needs resleeved and bored again anything would help thanks it looks new to me except the outside of the jug is dirty and the sleeve is a lil rusted from moisture and sitting please hope someone can help. Thanks in advance

Hmmm, you might have been better off with the pellet gun.
You need a measuring tool, internal micrometer or a good dial or digital caliper to see what the present bore is. If you ask the question I'd guess you don't have one or know how to use it. Before you can measure it you have to clean it up, ideally lightly hone or sand the bore to see if it is damaged. If there is much rust at all, it is damaged so whatever size you have, you will need the next oversize. Sleeving is an expensive operation. Price of the sleeve and then $50-$100 to put it in. A $50 shop will likely get it crooked, and not match the window to the port. New cylinders are cheap these days so you are often better to by a new cylinder than sleeving.

Steve

Reactions: Herpderplol
inside micrometer is a royal pain

telescoping gauge is better, than use with a digital caliper.
you cant use a caliper and measure the lip. it wont be right

send it to KOR. he will set it right for ya

even if you do have to spend upwards of $200 to get it resleeved, thats better than the $500 for a new vito's BBK

Thanks guys I will be sending it to KOR, wife will be upset but can't be upset for long.

Also look and see if it has the triple exhaust ports. If it does its a Vitos 240 if not it is only a sleeved 240 stock cylinder..

Ok I'll have to check that out when my membership gets approved ill post some pics