KOR vito's 240 vs CT 240

2k3Blaster200

Feb 26, 2015
my father and I recently built a blaster from the frame up and are looking at doing another. on the one we just did we put in a vito's 240 kit w/ forged piston and 3mm stuffer crank. it runs very well, but on the next one we want more.

I see ken sells a vito's kit with his porting already done. how would that run compared to an out of the box ct kit? what would you do? thanks

Attachments

• DSCN2235.JPG
    DSCN2235.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 393
Yeah, I have a Vitos 3+ and BBK and quite frankly, I was expecting more out of it.
The cylinder looks like it has huge potential, but as is, greater gains can be had from a head and porting.

It is actually my favourite Blaster (of 3) for its broad torque and easy nature on the trail so don't feel I am insulting it. Our ported cylinders tend to be screamers, not so great for casual trail riding.

Ken knows what he is doing and actually rides these things so I would expect great things from him.

Reactions: OConnor Racing
nah, ive had plenty of those. blasters have a lot of fun power, not necessarily horsepower. a blaster is something I have enjoyed riding for 15+ years (not that I didn't enjoy my 450s or banshees etc) they are just all around fun to ride and play with. plus I have a lot of blaster parts laying around!

You can always go trx250r or a banshee if your looking for power

If'n you don't mind carrying around another 100 lbs of weight...

A pipe, new head and some port work will get into the hp range of a trx250r or a banshee.
I ride with them, my some owns one.
I don't like dust and luckily I don't have to ride in it.

Reactions: EvanR335
neither one is 100lbs more, infact a 250r is very close in weight to a blaster. I'm sure you can get a blaster to beat stock or VERY mild versions, but that's about it.

The CT 240 makes the most power out of the box. The problem is, that's the only thing you're going to get.......The box. Those kits have been out of production for a long time. You would have to find a used one.

thanks for the reply ken! I guess the choice is clear then.. they still advertise the kit on their site, if its out of production I don't know why they still advertise it. my main question was if the vito's kit with your porting already done runs better than a out of the box ct kit, but if its not made then the point is moot

neither one is 100lbs more, infact a 250r is very close in weight to a blaster. I'm sure you can get a blaster to beat stock or VERY mild versions, but that's about it.

The Banshee is 100lbs more but you are right about the TRX250R, it is only about 30 lbs more.
I was out riding with both the other day. All great quads. I still like short and nimble over long and heavy.

if you go by wet weights or dry weights the banshee is close, but not really quite 100lbs heavier, at least from specs ive seen. as for the 250r I think 20 lbs more would be pushing it. I'm not knocking the blaster at all or I wouldn't have owned so many. they are one of the simplest, yet most fun quads ever produced. I'm hopefully going to get started on the next blaster build soon. what do you think I should do best? I always like ideas