Vito 240 Kit Carb recomendations

AZDesertRZR

Mar 26, 2017
I rebuilt my daughters "00 Blaster and dropped a Vito's 240 kit on it, plus a DG pipe and silencer. I premix and removed the TORS and long time ago. Anyway I had to remove the top to the air box as it just wasn't getting enough air. I re-jetted and have a nice brown plug. Problem is, it just doesn't have a decent top end. Lots of grunt, but just feels like it is starving on the top. I am thinking of moving to a bigger carb and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions/experience? I tried searching the site but couldn't find anything on the subject. Thanks in advance....

I personal my love a stock carb. A stock is simple enough to work on and when tuned right, is just fine.

In my opinion, that terrible exhaust is what's holding back the bike. Not the carb. Work on getting a right bend exhaust ( LRD, CT, Factory 7). You'll have the top end you're looking for.

Last edited:
On the flip side, it's possible to "over carb" an engine. You have to find a balance with carbs. As you make more power and in turn increase air/fuel ratio, a bigger carb will be needed. But like I said, you can "over carb" it.

Does it have porting? Or plans on porting? I'd suggest getting with a couple different builders and see what they recommend for carb choices. If that's your route to go.

On the flip side, it's possible to "over carb" an engine. You have to find a balance with carbs. As you make more power and in turn increase air/fuel ratio, a bigger carb will be needed. But like I said, you can "over carb" it.

Does it have porting? Or plans on porting? I'd suggest getting with a couple different builders and see what they recommend for carb choices. If that's your route to go.

Although its my first attempt at making a Blaster better, I've been in the 2 stroke business for a lot of years. This, however, is the smallest project I've taken on. Not planning on doing any porting at this point (who knows what the future holds). I have a Honda TRX with a CT 350 motor in the garage, and I recently sold my 2 KX 500's and CR 250. I'm just trying to make this run good and reliable. That being said I just went up about 15% in engine size and the stock carb seems a small for that. I'm trying to cheat a bit hoping someone has found a good match. We dune a lot and run throttle heavy. That's when it seem like it is starving for air/fuel.

We dune a lot and run throttle heavy. That's when it seem like it is starving for air/fuel.

What's the jetting at now? You mentioned it feels flat on top.

Judging by your screen name, are you in AZ?

How's throttle response as far as off idle up into mid range?

Work on grabbing a mid-top exhaust.

OK I'm hearing I should go up to 30-32mm. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Like blasterboy91 says, I don't want to overcarb but I definitely know I'm currently undercarbed.