2004 Blaster paint job

Hey I am building a blaster and I am wondering whats the best paint to paint the frame and to get rid of the rust. I was wondering if i could do it all myself instead of having it sandblasted and painted.

Yes you can do it yourself its just more work. Strip the frame with a paint stripper and use a wire wheel for the rust spots, if its rusted bad use a rust sealing primer. The best spray can paint I've found it rust-o-leum, its tuff and not too picky. Then a few coats of clear and your good to go! let it sit overnight and harden... If your working indoors it will take longer to set up, the best time to do it is in summer on a 80 * day.
If you have any more questions put up a thread.
Welcome to the forum!

turned out really good...now im getting motivated to do my frame now im thinking black plastics neon green frame and monster graphics.

I think while my motor is getting rebuilt i might do the frame from the crappy blue to a darker color blue. this thread is alot of help.

whats the deal with putting monster/rockstar/red bull etc..graphics on your bikes?? for the sponsored look? they dont sponsor you, or pay you to put them on your bikes. sh*t, if they wanted people to rep their sh*t theyd give it to you. f**ck all that and rep your yamaha blues

hi, did u sandbrushed b4 spray paint it? or just sandbrush wit papel the rusty parts or stuff? or had no rusty at all?

also... did u paint the plastics? what used to paint them? spray also?

this bike is sick haha im sorry if i end up copying your bike on my build kuz its so awesome... how is the paint on your frame and plastics holding up?

Ok I had to chime in after reading all those dang posts...

But first off the bike looks great, and its cool you did all the work yourself.... The first thing id say is Did you use Lots of Loc-Tite? And second off The gas oil resistance you lacking in your paint is going to kill all that hard work, in one bad overfill...... No matter the clear coat... Rust-O-Leum makes a great High heat enamel that is Gas and Oil resistant. I used that paint on all 3 of the full rebuilds i did..... Paint holds up great on my Frame and Springs as well as the plastics... Picked it up at the local AutoZone for like 7$ a can and used just over 10 cans per bike(color variation dependent).

Good to see others taking the time to add some character to the Blaster.

really well, the only place its rubbed off a little is where my riding boots rub the side of the frame, but even factory frames do that, so I'm happy with the turnout.. I did my Banshee that way, and my 1984 atc250r the same. All 3 turned out great, never really had a problem with heat or grease though.. Thanks for all the compliments guys, I hope everyone is having a great time riding their Blasters.. Yamaha should bring them back! now we just have the Raptor 250.. atleast we are here to keep the Blasters alive I:I