2003 Blaster(not stock) vs. 2005 crf250(stock)

BlasterChris08

Sep 25, 2008
Rhode Island
Look at the stuff I got on my blaster below.........Would all this on my blaster beat a crf 250 dirt bike??? Also, how does it compare to the banshee stock???

On a flat dirt ground would this blaster beat a CRF250 Dirt bike? Wouldnt all of the performance in my blaster put it at at least 30 somthing horsepower and at around 70-75 mph??

no offense, but the only PERFORMANCE parts you have are reeds, and a pipe. and your motor isnt bored to a 240cc. when you get your motor bored, it doesnt add any cc's!

im 14, and i lost track of that a long time ago =D

im not being a dick, im just saying that. if you change your gearing that will help alot!

Aight as you can probaly tell im new to this blaster i had a 04 honda recon before. Gimme a list of things i def. need to make this blaster better dont know if u can see my pic yet How do i change the gearing and what is that lol

it could very will be a 240. the only way to tell would be to take the head off and look. with that being said crf250s pick up pretty quick. but i dont get why we always have these threads posted "can i beat this" why dot you go try then you can find out for yourself. then you have all the bragging rights you can think of.

the only reason i can think of people asking "can i beat this" is because they have a buddy or someone that want to race them and they dont want to lose, so they ask around first to see if it has been done so they dont get made fun of when they lose. if you want a fair race rade another machine that is the same as yours. Thats why they made all sorts of different classes to race in. There are reason blasters are not in the same class at Raptor 700s and why Indy Cars dont race NASCARs

Race him and find out. When you lose figure out what you need to do to beat it, and if you win, race something bigger and see if you can beat that. if not, build your quad to eat it.

I dont know how many time people have to say this. You can only do so much to Blasters, but when you do it right they are contenders with alot of different ATVs on the market today.

NOTE: you can get an aftermarket extended swing arm for under $250.00. I think blasterboy made his.

lol, alright your gearing are your sprockets. the chain wheels. theres 2 one. on the front and one in the back. do that, and a bigger carb, and your blaster will have a good amount of power.

i see your blaster, its pretty sick!

yup, my dad is a professional welder, and he made mine.

i do agree with you d.jackson. it could be a 240, and yes you would have to take off the head to see.

Lol my friend does wanna race me and i think im gonna beat him. We goin back up to maine soon I just had my whole engine rebuilt and im getting it back in a couple days. How can i tell if it is a 240....by the piston size??? what i know a bit about it so if you tell me how ill be able to find out

go to the shop that is rebuilding it and ask them. or are you rebuilding it. if you there will be markings on the piston that identify what brand and model number it is. alot of people mistake boaring out a 0.040 with getting a 240 kit and 240cc's .040 is only 4 hundreds over stock. it may as well be stock.

I think the piston was ethier a wiseco or prolite psiton measuring at ethier 67.50 or 66.50 which isnt stock right? stock i though was 65.00......Im having a shop do it cause i didnt want to mess anything more up then i already did. also idk if u know or blaster boy knows but what size or type sprocket do i get for better gearing?

ya the guy lied to you. its not a 240cc. a FRESH OUT OF THE BOX 240 KIT WILL HAVE A 72MM PISTON.

here is the piston i bet you are running.

eBay Motors: Yamaha Blaster .040 Wiseco Prolite Piston Kit 573M06700 (item 200255365820 end time Oct-17-08 06:28:45 PDT)

sorry to burst your bubble. that why you have to confirm that sort or thing before you buy. it takes nothing to pull the head off and take a look at the piston. if it is a aftermarket 240 like a vitos, CT, or anything like that it should say right on the jug.

Last edited by a moderator:
the vito's jugs still say 195 cm3. They look like a stock cylinder too. I'm betting that the bike will spank your blaster in a flat out drag race.

U are gonna get a spanking if u are both equal riders. chances are he will wheelie off the line and you may have a chance. just dont race past 5-4-5th gear cuz he will be flying past u. on launch lean on tank rev to the moon and work the clutch. to much slip u wheelie not enough u get dusted. and if u u are serious about haulin get a good port job and a larger carb and different pipe.