2000 yamaha blaster build

Only upgrades left are to put the ex shock on, black maier one piece race hood, definately a seat cover, and get my rear brakes to work+ new shoes on front with tires and its done.. Then its savin time for a suzuki ltr 450!

Reactions: Braaaptor
Lookin' good! I'm liking the blue/black theme. Big props to you for doing what you did in that limited workshop... I HATE working anywhere near dirt floors, but am stuck with sand at the moment. Even worse. Let's see a vid of that bad boy run!

Lookin' good! I'm liking the blue/black theme. Big props to you for doing what you did in that limited workshop... I HATE working anywhere near dirt floors, but am stuck with sand at the moment. Even worse. Let's see a vid of that bad boy run!

Yea it sucks but sometimes you just have to make due with what you have I'm probably movin soon or I would build an eclosed with a wood floor. I'll try to get a video up for ya sometime in the future mabey freestyle a little bit but I decided to race her until I can get the 450 but this blaster will not be sold I figure keep her in good shape and pass it down to my kids one day. Hopefully they'll be into quads and dirtbikes as much as me but Im not pushing it lol.

I got the 400 shock on almost done a new seat cover is on the way so I'll post up pics after the seat cover comes and I clean her up a bit... My carb is leaking out the bottom overflow I'm guessing the float is stuck or has a hole in them just put a new rebuild kit in hopefully I have some time to work on her soon my girl friend stays on weekends and she gets mad when I ignore her for the quad so not much freetime or money when she decides she needs shopping money. Then I get yelled at when new parts show up at the house but Its my money lol.

Well finally finished minus new tires and rims lol. Here you go guys!!!
100_0549.jpg

100_0550.jpg

100_0551.jpg

100_0552.jpg

I got the 400 shock on almost done a new seat cover is on the way so I'll post up pics after the seat cover comes and I clean her up a bit... My carb is leaking out the bottom overflow I'm guessing the float is stuck or has a hole in them just put a new rebuild kit in hopefully I have some time to work on her soon my girl friend stays on weekends and she gets mad when I ignore her for the quad so not much freetime or money when she decides she needs shopping money. Then I get yelled at when new parts show up at the house but Its my money lol.

Looks good! Seems to have turned out well... Here's some quick info on how to stop your leaky carburetor if the needle isn't sealing:

http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/easy-almost-free-way-stop-leaky-carbs-33335/

I had the same problem you're describing with one carb on my old '99 Banshee... No matter how tight I got the bowl drain screw, it still leaked out the bottom tube. As it turned out, the seat for the bowl drain screw was damaged, so I finally decided to just replace the bowl. Solved that problem once and for all.

And I hear you on the 'jealous' GF problem. It doesn't get any better when you get married, trust me. My wife doesn't so much mind my buying parts, but she doesn't like seeing how much I spend on them. I have to be sneaky when ordering. I was planning to do an all-out 7mil Banshee build when my $ 4,000 tax return comes in, but she has made it all-but-obvious that that's not gonna happen. She wants to go to the mall, go shopping, buy new clothes, buy ME new clothes (Hey, what's wrong with old, comfy jeans?!!) and just spend several hundred $$ in general on stuff we don't have to have. I want my Elka's, +3 A-arms, port job, 34pj, and Dynoport exhaust, dammit!

-End rant- I love my girl, and she comes first, but that doesn't mean the Blasty should suffer. Glad mine is starting to understand. You're just gonna have to show yours that she isn't the ONLY important thing in your life...

looks awesome. i love the bumper. how did you get your ball joints tight? i tried smacking mine with a hammer and turning the nut, and smacking it again and turning it another turn, but i cant get them tight.

Hey Build Looks Real Nice bro :D if i were you just my opinion. id round the edges on the rear warrior plastics. but real nice!!!!

4852-painted-my-rims-push-bar-flat-black-put-numbers.jpg

Maier front plastic, 240 big bore kit, moose front shock cover, hand guards, ac front bumper painted flat black, fly racing bars, pro circut grips, pro circut pipe, ac nerf bars, jetted carb, monster graphics, 18 inch fast trackers in the back (tires), prm rear grab bar, 4 inch wheel spacers in the front, 5 inch wheel spacers in the back, Wheels painted flat black. Soon to come- lime green frame and white gas tank.

looks awesome. i love the bumper. how did you get your ball joints tight? i tried smacking mine with a hammer and turning the nut, and smacking it again and turning it another turn, but i cant get them tight.

It took me awhile and alot of patience I can't exactly remember I think I may have bent it all the way one way binding it the wiggling the wrench back and forth for an hour or so aggravating as h3ll.