+2 and forward +1 Anti-Vibe steering stem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Battery is dying so no flash!:confused:
104_7804.JPG
104_7805.JPG

I did bend the flag on a steering stem, back when i was about 17 years old. No damage to anything but a BIG A$$ dent in the steel stock rim, and the flag was twisted in the way that the gusset wont help!

I did not know that the flag on the stem was twisted until i was riding at night, and the head light WAY OFF! :eek:

although that looks cool i don't see the need,
the tie rods will always bend/break before that flag does.

btw......did you also notice the one tie rod end hole on the flag is at a different angle than the other ?

With the plate bolted to the top of the flag and the stem tube clamped to the 4" steel channel and angle, and all squared up, i did have a small gap where the flag plate got welded to the channel. :confused::eek::oops::confused::oops: Dont know how to explain this:eek::confused: A little bit different angle!

The hole in the bar clamp is to small for the factory key switch, and it looks like i got just enough room to drill it out! :confused:
104_7806.JPG
104_7808.JPG
104_7813.JPG

Hmmm I dont know! What would be a good key switch to get? I dont know so im just going to use the good old switch.:confused:

i opted to eliminate that piece for the switch so i could run a standard fat bar pad,
with that keyswitch piece, i saw no good way to run a bar pad at all, at least without cutting thru the rolled/sewn edging of the bar pad ?
been meaning to mount that key under my seat beside my rear brake rezzie, like the hidden key brackets they make for banshees.

lookin good so far though, and will defiantely make that huge azz tank...not look so big
like it did pushed right up against the standard height bars

i opted to eliminate that piece for the switch so i could run a standard fat bar pad,
with that keyswitch piece, i saw no good way to run a bar pad at all, at least without cutting thru the rolled/sewn edging of the bar pad ?
been meaning to mount that key under my seat beside my rear brake rezzie, like the hidden key brackets they make for banshees.

lookin good so far though, and will defiantely make that huge azz tank...not look so big
like it did pushed right up against the standard height bars

If i make a mess out of the hole then i will probably cut it off like you did.

If i make a mess out of the hole then i will probably cut it off like you did.

i've yet to see you make a mess out of anything you've fabbed, unless your not posting those pics ? LOL

Look up a switch made for that specific brand, that would probably be your best bet

I took off my bar pad, i mounted my trail tech right there, bothers me that its not centered though....

Status
Not open for further replies.