05' Blaster s/e

phizikal

Jun 3, 2010
southern illinois
Today, I swapped the blue 00' plastic onto my 05'. I'm very impress how it turned out, the rear fenders are trimmed at a slant angle on the bottom. Also looking to trim the from ones a lot. I got new chain, chain guides and aluminum chain guard. Found a set of O'neil bars and Scott grips. Red frame and shocks looks really good, except its needs repainted sometime later. Don't know what to do next really, pointers would help.

The motor is a 250 I'm sure, I don't know if i can take the DC phat boy pipes and silencer off of the 00' because it's been bored 1.5. Hopefully that would be a nice edition onto my 05'. But that's about I can do right now, pictures will be up soon.

no no its bored to a 350, but it need new rings and gasket. that motor is sold, but i was wondering if i can use the exhaust on my new bike.

you cannot bore a blaster to 350cc biggest you can go is 244cc thats with a big bore kit and stroket cranks there is no cylinder big enough to do that to a blaster
yes you can use the exhuast from your old blaster on your 05 as long as it is a blaster exhaust

lame and rude. maybe there's something i'm not understanding about the bore. but that's not even the motor on my blaster. so how could it be fail?

ok man, your blaster is not a 250 and your friends is not a 350. the 350 might be a warrior or cooler yet a banshee. boreing does virtually nothing to add cc's to the engine. if you bore a engine .60 over it is not magicaly a 260 and a 1.5mm over bore wich i dont thin is possible does not make it a 350. with your .60 over you prolly have a true 199cc or something like that. anyhow get some pics up and we can get all this sorted out for ya I:I I:I

yeah, both the motors are identical. here are the shots of the 05' i took with a cell phone.

Pictures by llikXtsum - Photobucket

yeah those are just blaster motors man, no way either is a 250 or a 350. im not trying to hate on ya just help ya figure out what you really have going on. the only real way would be to take the head off and see what the piston has stamped on top of it. but really it dosent matter, if its runnin good and your havin fun thats all that matters.

thanks i figured they were, but i want to find the bore on this motor. the previous owner said he had a big bore kit done on it and wiseco piston. but the exhaust seems stock to me but it is loud, im gonna install the DG pipes and silencer.

yup thats a plain ol blasty, if you wanna know the bore look at the #'s on the piston........40 over does not mean a 240 either