03 blaster late reaction

03yfs200

Jan 17, 2015
Cali
ok so found out my so called guy thats been upgrading my blaster is a scum bag any way at idle i hit the throttle and it revs up then holds idle for about 5 sec then idles down like rev ping ping ping ping ping then idles down

running fmf pipe
330 jet
no tors
no auto mix
open air box
ported
no bore
32:1
91 grade

any help plz i dont knw what he did

sounds like to much air in the mix
airleak?
improper airscrew setting....1 1/2 turns out is what you start at from fully seated
free flowing gas?

sounds like to much air in the mix
airleak?
improper airscrew setting....1 1/2 turns out is what you start at from fully seated
free flowing gas?

um no air leak that i knw of so air mix screw all the way in just snug 1 1/2 out tell no more high ping

well you should really find out. I believe that if you have a run away idle or a hanging idle that could very well be an air leak. I would find out 100% positive and not just guess. I assumed i didnt have an air leak before and blew my blaster up, not take the chance. Test it.

Reactions: 03yfs200 and MURPH
buy or build a leak tester and test it!.. a member on here named awk08 sells them cheaper then ones you can buy or make. send him a message

ok so how do i do a air leak test didnt do this tell he put a 330 main jet in

try adjusting airscrew
he might have messed up the floats when he put in 330main jet
or he put in a 230main jet lol.
top cover is on tight?

there is alot of possibiltys that no one can rule out
you should just take your carb apart next time yourself
it looks hard but it is not/and you need some experience if you want to own it:)
carb plus idle 1 1 1 big 1.jpg

Reactions: 03yfs200
ok update took off carb and there is alot of fuel just kinda hanging around on the breather side and in the reed cage

With the engine off, push throttle full, quickly release thumb, you should hear slide "snap" shut. If you don't you have a sticking thumb lever, cable, or slide.
If you do hear it, you most likely have dirty carb or air leak.

Leak free engine provides peace of mind that can't be bought.

That 330 jet is way to big for your set up, it is masking an air leak. I would start at a 290 and work down
thank you.You were dead on jet was to big but not out of the clear went to do a victory dirt roosters and my whole motor was smoken so i think it might need a new top end rebuild what ya think

plug chop what do you mean and it had a 330 so i went back to a 230 is all i had motor seem like it got hot fast ran fine but after gasing it to rooster i seen the front of the motor smoking and smelt really bad