z400 rear shocks

kissiimack

Dec 26, 2008
i bought an 07 z400 shock the other day..im just waiting for it to come in..does anyone know if its possible to put ressi on the opposite side (not the bottom)..so instead of the ressi being in the way of the air box lid it would be on the side of the motor..would that work? or does it have to be on the airbox side?

I have an 04 Ltz 400 shock and I thought the same thing too, but when i went to install it it wouldn't work cause the ressi didn't clear the crossbar that the shock mount is on. So I put it up and just smashed the air box lid a little.

i got the shock in yesterday and put her on..is the shock supposed to be really stiff? I turned the screw all the way to soft. and its still really stiff

Attachments

• 100_1747.jpg
    100_1747.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 649
  • 100_1748.jpg
    100_1748.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 441
the Z400 shock that i have is really stiff also.
the 250r shock that i have is the bomb!

To adjust the compression (how soft the spring is for your body weight) lossen the 2 nuts on the shock body, to adjust the compression (how easy the shock is compressed over bumps and jumps) turn the screw that's on the top left for softer and to adjust the rebound (how fast the shock returns to it's normal position after its been compressed) use the bottom screw.

To adjust the compression (how soft the spring is for your body weight) lossen the 2 nuts on the shock body, to adjust the compression (how easy the shock is compressed over bumps and jumps) turn the screw that's on the top left for softer and to adjust the rebound (how fast the shock returns to it's normal position after its been compressed) use the bottom screw.

is there a special tool i need to use to get the two nuts to turn..i tried with a big pair of plyers and they wouldnt budge