YZ250 motor

cool stuff there otis...love the outlaw..i plan on my husband doing this swap for me (yz) in the future...dont want to do it at this time cuz it has a fresh powder coat..nice toys though!!

Keep in mind that the YZ vibrates more than a nice smooth counter balanced Blaster motor. My son says it doesn't bother him, especially when he's whoopin up on 450's but kids can be numb when they wanna be :)

Last edited:
Have the vibrations affected any of the welds or anything?

Not yet and we're pretty regular about checking the welds since we've done welding on the frame, swingarm & a-arms. I didn't gusset the frame either. Still waiting to see where it fails. Figure jumping a Blaster with stock shocks is way harder on the quad than a little vibration. Also, loctite is our friend :)

What year motor did you use? Thanks again, Jake.

This one is a "90". Kinda partial to the older ones cuz the're cheap and have iron sleeves I can bore myself.

I'll risk catchin a little heat here with my opion on the vibration thing. Lots of peeps are of the opion that it's a terrible thing. I always mention it because it is an issue for some people. People have been riding millions of dirt bikes for many years having a ton of fun. They vibrate! If you want something to ride like your car buy a 4-stroke with soft shocks, electric start & reverse. What part of riding gives you the most pleasure? Sheer power? Plush ride? Soft landings? Great cornering? Everything's relative, everything's a compromise. Just depends on what ya like. IMHO

YZ Otis

how hard was it to get the sprockets lined up that the biggest concern i have if i do the swap.

No problem. You need to shorten the right bearing tube on the swing arm for the YZ to fit. If you do this and leave the left side stock length then the sprockets will be in line. This will line you motor up so you can set your other mounts. You can pop out the bearing and reuse it after you cut the tube if it's in good condition and your careful but this is a good time for new bearings since it's apart.

rearmount.jpg

This one is a "90". Kinda partial to the older ones cuz the're cheap and have iron sleeves I can bore myself.

I'll risk catchin a little heat here with my opion on the vibration thing. Lots of peeps are of the opion that it's a terrible thing. I always mention it because it is an issue for some people. People have been riding millions of dirt bikes for many years having a ton of fun. They vibrate! If you want something to ride like your car buy a 4-stroke with soft shocks, electric start & reverse. What part of riding gives you the most pleasure? Sheer power? Plush ride? Soft landings? Great cornering? Everything's relative, everything's a compromise. Just depends on what ya like. IMHO

YZ Otis

word this aint cadillac atv forum this is 2stroke4life babe!!!