yz 250 help please!!

89blaster89

Aug 26, 2011
Pacific northwest, washington
i might be getting a yz 250 soon and it comes stock with no headlights and i want to put on some nice trail tech lights or somethin so i can go night riding or evening riding so how would i go about doing that if it comes stock with no headlights?

You might look into a stator from an older 2 stroke WR250. I had a 1994 yamaha WR250 and it had lights. The stator might be interchangeable with a yz.

Used to have a '98 yz250 and unless you've ridden one, i don't see you enjoying it at night. Those things are monsters ment to go fast. Trails can be slow and at night even slower which for a yz isn't good on it (start fouling plugs). I personally wouldnt invest in it and would recommend not riding at night in a poor lit area. It'd be like taking a nascar and trying to do a baja run with it lol. Don't get me wrong, those bikes are an absolute BLAST and would love to have mine back...just weigh the good and bad of having one and what you're wanting to do with it.

Used to have a '98 yz250 and unless you've ridden one, i don't see you enjoying it at night. Those things are monsters ment to go fast. Trails can be slow and at night even slower which for a yz isn't good on it (start fouling plugs). I personally wouldnt invest in it and would recommend not riding at night in a poor lit area. It'd be like taking a nascar and trying to do a baja run with it lol. Don't get me wrong, those bikes are an absolute BLAST and would love to have mine back...just weigh the good and bad of having one and what you're wanting to do with it.

no i would never ride a night in trails i was planning to do it in the sand dunes