Youtube Music Licensing Issue

Blaner

Your Friendly South African Ambassador
Mar 26, 2008
East London, South Africa
Hi all, i made up a video clip, especially for you guys of a ride I did in August. Now, i added music etc, but when i uploaded it onto youtube, i got emails from youtube saying the songs i used are not copyrighted etc and they were muted.

Now, how do i fix this? i thought of stripping the files of their metadata with a program called ID3kill, this results in the music file having no record of artist, publisher, date etc. then re-inserting them into Sony Vegas and re-rendering the video and then uploading the new version.

Would this work? or is youtube more clever than that? its a lengthy process and would like to be sure before I tackle it!

YouTube has a program that listens to the song on the video, and sees if it matches any major copyrighted music. If it does, it mutes the video. You will not get in trouble, though. How to fix it is to try to find music that allows to be put on YouTube. Mainly this is smaller bands. Or you could search for public domain music.

i've added tunes to every one of my vids, and i do get a warning that "it may be copywrighted" ????
but they never mute it, i think it goes by country, some allow it, some don't
try making an account and list the good 'ol U.S of A. as your country ????

i've added tunes to every one of my vids, and i do get a warning that "it may be copywrighted" ????
but they never mute it, i think it goes by country, some allow it, some don't
try making an account and list the good 'ol U.S of A. as your country ????

i will not defect!!!!! hahaha but yes, perhaps you have a point there Awk, il try out a few things...