Youth Quad

mervhengst

Dec 24, 2012
Trevorton, PA
so my daughter is 3 years old and she had been riding on my blaster since she was 1. When i asked her what she wanted for christmas this past year she told me she wanted a vroom vroom( thats what she calls a 4wheeler). When i asked her why she wanted one she flat out told me " so i can beat you in a race" I been looking for something for her thats not battery powered. So if anyone on here knows were i can find one let me know.

Try your local Craigslist, I know eton makes a eton rascal 40cc. Also their are yamaha motos for kids.

well she is little. I am 5ft 4 135lbs and my wife is 4ft 11 125 lbs. i will let you imagine how little she is lol she is still learning how to make it go. sometimes i take her on my boys 150cc gas and go quad. she has learn how to make it go and steer. so i think she will so good on a starter bike just for her. i was thinking about a little 50 or maybe a little bigger. i just want it to be gas powered. not that electric crap.

A 90cc is to big for a 3-6 0r even 7 year old. The bigger the machine the heavier they get. It is alot easier for a kid to learn on a lighter easily manuverable machine. A 50 cc is a good size for a first quad and it will get plenty of use. I own a eton viper 50 and it is a good reliable learning atv. It hauls the adults around to!! Most 50's come with a leash style tetherand as always there is the throttle stop on the thumb lever assembly. The LT is a great stout quad. Basically any non china knock off atv is a good unit. Unfortunately all kids quads resell for decet money.

My daughter is 5, she is skinny little thing. She fits well on a PW50. With the training wheels, she didn't have any problems. Its a nice bike, parts are readily available, the throttle is adjustable, and its a Yamaha.

Pic of her on it.
1525154_10202082898827443_130927378_n.jpg

^^^^^ thats awesome dirty. im sure i will find something soon. i just feel back. Both my son and i have a quad and my wife has a little xr100 so now i just need something for the littlest one.

My youngest son is the only one out of all 3 of my kids that loves quads. I got him a Kazuma meerkat 50 4 stroke quad. It's a 5 speed manual shift. He is only 3 so the rocker style shifter is off and he rides around in first gear only. The older and more skilled he gets, I will increase throttle and reinstall the shifter. Parts are available at a great price. They have a Honda clone engine, and it has no problem haulin' my fat azz around.

I looked on Craigslist near me, and out towards Harrisburg. There really isn't anything worth grabbing up right now.

If I see something pop up that I think you might like, I'll send you the link to it.

Usually once spring hits around here, there is a flood of bikes that will not start, or are blow up hit the market. Hopefully you can cash in on a good deal like that.

im selling a suzuki lt80, maybe a tiny bit big, but it has a throttle limiting screw, my sons have been riding them since they were 3, now they are 10 and 11 and one is moving up to the blaster this year and the other im buying a raptor 250 for when spring hits.

i got your pm, i havent called yet cuz ive been busy shoveling and installing a water heater, i'll call you tomorrow.

if you google pit bikes or pit quads you can get a brand new quad delivered to your door for around 6-700. you have to put them together though. my kids have gone thru a few of them. the frames are cheap metal and poorly welded, but we ve never had an issue with the engines.

They are Chinese quads, parts are not found for them. So once they break it's scrap time, but for a cheap beginner quad maybe? I rather buy a used Chinese one locally for $200 if I were to go that way. I still say go with a name brand. Kazuma has parts made for them and they are pretty cheap and reliable quads.

i dont want any chinese quad. my bot has one and we didnt even get 50 hours out of it and it needs new top end rebuild.
selling a suzuki lt80, maybe a tiny bit big, but it has a throttle limiting screw, my sons have been riding them since they were 3, now they are 10 and 11 and one is moving up to the blaster this year and the other im buying a raptor 250 for when spring hits.

Yea give me a buzz sometime soon. Talk to you about that lt80

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to work in a shop that sold chinesse quads.I assembled and repaired them.Bottom line they are junk.You should be able to find a used name brand kids quad for what you would pay for a new china 1 and a much better machine at that

i wont buy another chi-wan-ese quad. onlyt reason i got the one for my boy is we payed 700 for it brand new. it was a left over from 2008