You guys are gonna laugh at me..

Lindso

So, I know I'm gonna catch a load of flak for this, but..here it goes.

I have this new 30mm carburetor waiting to be hooked up, but alas, there's no port input for 2-stroke oil. Just to get it out now, I ride to BFE on a regular basis and enjoy the convenience of pulling into a gas station at will to fill up the bike. The gas runs out a lot faster than the 2-stroke oil, and I'm not ready to transition to premix because I hate havin' to tie a gas can to my broke-ass grab bar.

SO..here it is;

Carb-side.jpg

My question is this-

What's the best way to fit this thing with a nozzle for the 2-stroke oil?
I've only spoken to a guy over the phone at this point, but had a hard time visualizing it, hence why I've taken pictures, Photoshopped 'em, and put them on here for your assistance.

Nozzlesize.jpg

Now, the nozzle is pretty short, so I also wanna make sure I'm putting it in the right place.

Carb-front.jpg

Obviously, if it comes down to it, I can still convert to premix. In the meantime, how should I do this? Is the carburetor made of the same metal as the crank case, thus able to handle forcing the nozzle in after applying blowtorch heat, or should I drill a hole the same size as the nozzle and hold it in place with some sort of adhesive?

And, uh, am I planning on putting it in the right place?

just block it off..alot safer that way and u will know ur getting oil to everything..u can pre measure the amount of premix u need in a small container..then at the pumps just add the correct amount of fuel and oil..i would never try to make that work..just my opinion..the injection units are likely to fail eventually anyway.good luck!

just block it off..alot safer that way and u will know ur getting oil to everything..u can pre measure the amount of premix u need in a small container..then at the pumps just add the correct amount of fuel and oil..i would never try to make that work..just my opinion..the injection units are likely to fail eventually anyway.good luck!

Ahh you're killing me smalls! Haha alright, free trip to the Florida keys for you anyway.

The oil injection has been on there for going on 19 years. We'll call it a currently working antique that I've grown an attachment to.
Yes, I understand that blocking off is THE way to go, BUT I'm not going that way yet.
Until I get there, I just need to know 1) If I'm drilling in the right spot, and 2) how to keep the nozzle in there. Thanks!

The placement on this carb is totally different than the stock one. I'm not sure that the port in that location will let it mix correctly. I'm not sure that it needs to mix but I'm betting that it needs to.

I've been involved with these bikes since they were first introduced and you can be assured that I have never been asked this question before.

The placement on this carb is totally different than the stock one. I'm not sure that the port in that location will let it mix correctly. I'm not sure that it needs to mix but I'm betting that it needs to.

I've been involved with these bikes since they were first introduced and you can be assured that I have never been asked this question before.

Heh yeah I'm kinda going backwards in the chain of Blaster evolution with this one..

dont even try it. it is phail. So at low rpms you will be getting less oil in the mix because the air isnt flowing as fast. so you will run rich. Then at high rpms you will be getting more oil in the mix so you will be running richer. Its not going to work.

ok, i think that gscx is forgetting that the oil is pumped.....
lindso, take a real thin pick and stick it into that hole to make sure that it passes all the way into the venturi. you don't wanna mount up an oil line to a plug to nowhere.....then if you're determined to make this work, i'd say you don't wanna just glue it into there cuz if that sh*t pops off while you're on the trails, you're f*cked.
i've put some thought into this too, cuz i like my injection too, but def wanna get a larger carb.....

get a tap and die set (a decent one) or just take them to a machine shop and have em tapped and died. also, i would add a couple layers of teflon tape to the threads on the nipple before installing.
after you've got the line hooked up, pull the spark plug and crank the kickstarter a bunch of times to make sure that the oil is flowing into the carb.
my only concern would be if you're increasing the carb size (and of course the jet size) and running the stock pump, then your oil ratio is gonna be off......it'll be like 45:1 or something. so the best way to fix that would be to install a smaller pump drive sprocket (maybe 1 or 2 teeth), but i'll be damned if i know where the hell to find that!

...get a tap and die set (a decent one) or just take them to a machine shop and have em tapped and died. also, i would add a couple layers of teflon tape to the threads on the nipple before installing.

The nozzle is a brass piece literally 1mm thick, I don't think taking a die to it is the best idea. I thought about it, but it's so thin and the metal is soft, so I dunno..

It IS brass, isn't it?

Heres your problem. That 30mm carb that you bought is meant for a more built motor. Most people who build their engines use the oil block off kit. In fact if you get the 240 kit you HAVE to block off the injection. I can not think of one built blaster that is still running the stock oil pump. It just cant keep up.