yfz450 shock adjustment

revin-it02

Apr 29, 2010
i searched the hell out of yfz-central with no luck. i got a set of mint 05 yfz stock shocks and need to figure out what adjustment they got. im guesing rebound and compression (no high and low comp adjustment till 07 tho?). i figured id post here cuz a lot of u run them, there just right but need some adjustment on the rebound side (faster).

have u tried turning in the springs, just loosen the top notched washer and turn the spring by hand......should give a quicker rebound

have u tried turning in the springs, just loosen the top notched washer and turn the spring by hand......should give a quicker rebound

no, adjusting the collars on the shock is for preload and ride height setttings. i used to have elkas on my old bike n they had rebound adjustment, it was an actual screw

i understand what each adjustment does, im just wondering what the two different screws control. one on the rezzy im gathering is the compression adjustment and the rebound is on the bottom near the shock eye?

can anyone confirm this

i understand what each adjustment does, im just wondering what the two different screws control. one on the rezzy im gathering is the compression adjustment and the rebound is on the bottom near the shock eye?

can anyone confirm this

yep I run yfz shocks and you are right...