YFZ450 rear shock....opinions please.

97BoredOutBlasta

Feb 25, 2009
Hood River, OR
im about to order a yfz 450 rear shock, i wanna know what to expect from it. first off, is it pretty easy to install? and secondly, how does it feel? do you guys like it? pros, cons, you guys get the picture...i wanna hear it all...

yea probily.....i recommend a 250r shock.....there the best for a rider 200lbs and under.....the 250r is soo soft....its nice......

i had 1 and i didnt like how it sat so high....made me feel like i was gonna go over the bars lol, especially going down hill, but the ride itself was awesome...nice and soft and im about 180. u could also get a lowering kit to make it sit back to normal i think i might do that myself

Not too bad to mod.Just need to cut the bottom mounts down and redrill the holes.On the top you either need a new bolt to use with some spacer inserts to fill the gap in the frame mouinting point or get a new sleeve at the harware store that will go inside the needle bearing and you will have to dremel it a bit to accept the stock bolt.I modded one months ago and do have some pics if you go that route.

im runnin an '05 trx450r rear, its just slightly longer, 1" i think,
and rides like a dream