yfz250 blaster

Sorry guys, no pictures of what we cut off the hood. Clay race cut the fenders on his ltr and then tried to make the blaster front end match. Take some masking tape and tape off what you think your going to cut away, then you can stand back and kind of see what it will look like.

i've just been staring at pics of that blasty, tryin to figure out how to mount scoops like that....

thats sick i would love to have a 250 race 4 stroke quad.......one of the companys need to come out with a nice 250r race quad not a aircooled raptor 250

kawasaki had the majave 250cc liquid cooled kickstart..

have you ever rode the raptor 250 that is a very fun little machine i think yamaha did a very good job with the blasters replacement.

on a side note it looks like we have a bunch of closet 4stroke lovers here haha...

Last edited:
was that bumper a direct fit or was there some cutting? the nerf look awesome did the back tires ever hit? so you only had to cut alittle bit off the front of the nerf for it to fit. i like the size of those they look alot safer. i have the DG nerfs and hate them

The bumper was a custom fit, we made a plate to bolt in the bottom bumper mount and then I welded mounts for the top. Clay reminded me that when we cut the nerfs down we had to cut off and remount the furthest forward net mount, and we cut and remounted the rear strap mounts to fit in the upper heal guard mount. The swing arm started out as a +3 from ebay with a stock carrier application, after welding it back together about three times I cut it apart and made it into a round house carrier style and it ended up being a +2.5.
The nerfs are Pro Armor ltr450.

i don't have access to a tig welder to fabricate that , i only have access to a mig. i just keep waiting for a company to make some decent nerfs and bumpers for the blaster. i really love what you did to that blaster good job too bad you sold it ever gone do another one

I had 2 buddy's that wanted the 250 for there boys to race, so we might be building another, I'll keep everyone posted if that happens. Right now we are playing with some DT blasters for Clay to jump, we have a super kicker ramp set up in the pasture that the boys jump there snowmobiles on and he wants to try it on a quad. We just fired up the 200dt blaster tonight, sounds pretty good I'll get some pictures tomorrow.

kawasaki had the majave 250cc liquid cooled kickstart..

have you ever rode the raptor 250 that is a very fun little machine i think yamaha did a very good job with the blasters replacement.

on a side note it looks like we have a bunch of closet 4stroke lovers here haha...

I owned a raptor 250 ahah nd my freind has a mojave im talking a ligit yfz250R from the dealer with a yz250f motor in it ready to hit the track

Awesome. Nuff said!!! Enjoy my friend.
Any overheating or valve problems?
Thanks for all the info and pics.

TORKER.

Last edited:
nice swap bro,
i have those same nerfs, looks like i need to take 5 inches out of them and they should bolt right on up front, the rear mount looks close enuf for a little tweaking and it'll bolt right up

I once put a 89 drag yz250 engine on a 91 blaster other than cutting and welding the pipe to fit I know it was robbing some HP being a custom exhaust, the motor mounts were cake and as far as the raditor I just placed them where theyd be on a banshee and it would smoke all the new 4 pokes one of the fastest and funniest trail quads i ever rode. I suggest this build to everyone.