yfz250 blaster

redline

Mar 3, 2010
Selah, WA
I went over to Marks tonight and took some pictures of the 250f blaster we sold him last month, what do you think of it? http://i104
[url]http://pbckt.com/sQ.zv6[/url]

thats sick i would love to have a 250 race 4 stroke quad.......one of the companys need to come out with a nice 250r race quad not a aircooled raptor 250

Was a pretty easy swap really, most of the harder stuff is listed under the pictures. We did find that most of the aftermarket swing arms are to narrow to allow the yz motor, we found this with the 2 stroke yz motors as well. We rolled the frame bars in front of the motor down and ahead a little because it wanted to rub on the water pump, we heated the fuel tank a little to clear the carb, I've seen some guys actually cut the frame and raise it but I needed to keep a stock frame for race reasons. Oil tank was easy, as well as the exhaust. One big thing, you will never keep a stock rear housing together, a stock yzf makes around 36hp. The nerfs are off of his 450ltr, we had to take a little off the front to shorten them up and move the front mounts to fit, if you look really close where they start to sweep towards the motor in the front you can see where we cut the section out. I'm down loading some race pics of it and will load them pretty soon. Rear plastics are MEIR they call them yfz fenders

Reactions: brandoz28
Yes, everything came off the 2003 yz250f, motor, front brake master cylinder, rear brake master cylinder and caliper (ended up replacing the rear caliper only because I didn't make the mount strong enough and when it came loose it destroyed the caliper, live and learn) radiators, radiator shrouds, wiring, clutch lever, 03 used the front frame tube for the oil tank so we had to build the oil reservoir, any thing that I could make fit we used.

First, I'd like to commend all the posters in this thread for the complete lack of 4-stroke bashing. :D

Nice work on the swap. Looks very clean. I was a bit of a 4-stroke basher before I had a chance to swing a leg over a YZ250F and a CRF450. The "new" generation of 4-strokes are pretty amazing. I'm still a bit biased toward 2-strokes for their simplicity and sound, and hit, but a 4-stroke sure is easier to swap if there's room for the head, simply because a proper pipe on a swapped 2-stroke can be a real headache.

Off-hand, did you do any measuring to compare the physical size difference of a 250 vs a 450? or did you just get the 250 and go with it. For a mountain/trail machine, a 450 in a Blaster would rock if there's room for the cylinder/head under the tank.

I never measured a 450 because we were running a 250 class at the races, I think a 450 would be tough, it was all I could do to squeeze the 250 under the fuel tank