YFZ front shocks on stock a arms

dtellechea

Oct 30, 2011
hello I just presented and I have a question .. As I put in the post of my presentation I want to get to the championship "ATV ONE" you need good suspension, because so many laps and jumps. I want put the YFZ front shocks on the stock a-arms temporarily in January I will put to-arms +3 ..

I saw so many blaster have some of you did?

zy5zqa.jpg

35mqreg.jpg

It can be done with some grinding on the lower A-arm shock mounts. It's not an ideal set-up. The 450 shocks are 1 too long, and 2 too stiff.

I use YFZ 450 Dual, Works for MX and they are the ducks gutz.

I fitted a lowering kit to compensate for the added height, and with them no grinding is needed.

I use YFZ 450 Dual, Works for MX and they are the ducks gutz.

I fitted a lowering kit to compensate for the added height, and with them no grinding is needed.

but now your frame geometry is off.
no offense but I really couldn't think of a worse set-up with the 450 shocks and a lowering kit.

^^^^ That's the one , but with the top lowering kit.

The stock brake lines will fit if loosened from the arms, you can also remove the banjo fitting ends from the calipers and spin them forward from the locating slots.

It makes them more prone to obstacles and rock damage, but it depends where you ride.

If money is no problem there is no substitute for wider A arms.

That kit is $200???
You could have Elkas for the cost of that kit and 450 shocks.
Forgive me. It's just that I've ran YFZ450 shocks on my stock arms and on +3 arms.
Either way they just didn't do it for me.

"I use YFZ 450 Dual, Works for MX and they are the ducks gutz."

Set up for rider weight, the dual rate Works shocks are much better than stock YFZ 450 shocks.

Elkas are a far better option!

Guys, I live in Argentina ... Ebay prices to get here is added to 80% of the price. This kit I would be costing me $ 360, adding that in Argentina the dollar cost $ 4.38 .. The kit cost me $ 1,500 pesos .. A elka here costs about $ 700 USD [$ 3,000] ... Only the front shocks ..

Really prices here are very high, so that those who use good shocks (fox, elka, pep, axis, ohlins) are only professionals who are dedicated to the sport ..

And the prices of the quads too ... I bought my blaster at $ 5000 USD ... The government we have up import prices to domestic production grows ..

Guys, I live in Argentina ... Ebay prices to get here is added to 80% of the price. This kit I would be costing me $ 360, adding that in Argentina the dollar cost $ 4.38 .. The kit cost me $ 1,500 pesos .. A elka here costs about $ 700 USD [$ 3,000] ... Only the front shocks ..

Really prices here are very high, so that those who use good shocks (fox, elka, pep, axis, ohlins) are only professionals who are dedicated to the sport ..

And the prices of the quads too ... I bought my blaster at $ 5000 USD ... The government we have up import prices to domestic production grows ..

Bro if youre going to jump and ride this thing hard, dont go for this DJ diamond kit.... not good enough, not safe !!! I know because i have that fitted on my blaster, great for flattrack and trails.... But anyway if you still going for this option, "diamondjcustoms" sometimes puts this kits on auction, just keep youre eyes open, i bought mine for around $90 plus shipping and fees.

Guys, thank you very much for the prompt help .. Talk to people who have these shocks and said that an anchor welded to a lower-arm ...

I was talking to my dad (he buys all) and told me that if I waited to January 2012 at-arms gave me +3 ... Sure, I'll buy the elkas front, I'll have to work hard ...

Meanwhile I'm waiting here in my country it's summer (December to March) where the work season starts (I own a travel agency) and you can buy the +3 axis ... I computer to start in the championships and then sell it, so after I replace it with a 450 if you can not use but the blasty: D

Thank you very much everyone.

Could you please list the problems with the Diamond kit, as my boy has been running one on MX for a while now with no problems, other than a slight increase in bump steer.

I should like to know what problems he may encounter so that I can take some evasive action. Did it break, or bend somewhere or what?