YFZ 450 shocks

Yamaha20

Aug 10, 2009
FL 239
Hey guys. in my search for parts ive come along an 05 yamaha yfz 450 rear shock for 50 bucks. is it worth it or should i try and get a different rear shock from like a 250r? is it easy to mount a 450 shock on a blasty? i remember seeing a thread on mounting it but i did use the search button and cant find it... sorry for such a long post... Thanks! :D

-Mike

It's a very nice shock with rebound and compression adjustments. $50 is a good deal if it's in good shape. I am running that shock. I mounts up similar to the 400ex shock I believe, but it is pretty long and you'll be stink buggin' if unless you fab up a custom mount, which is what I did when I built my swingarm.

Thanks for the info man! you think i should go with a 400ex rear shock instead? i dont really have the tools or materials to fab anything custom.

Sorry, I can't comment on the 400EX shock as I've never had one in my hands to measure/look at. I believe the YFZ shock is a better unit though.

im running an '05 honda 450r rear shock, got it for 42 bucks + shipping, absolutely love it, rides like a cadillac, has both adjusters, and is real close to the same height.....
heres a little explanation of what it took to get it mounted...................

400ex rear shock????? - Yamaha Blaster Forum

i think the 400ex is similar to mount