Yfz 450 Help.

Im sure the mechanic did it all right considering he's a mechanic at yamaha, he races, and works on bikes on the Side. There's other questionable things on the bike, so I wanna check those out first before I start taking the top end apart

you dont have to take the top end apart to check clearences or cames ,just take the tank and front plastics off and theres a valve cover which you just unbolt and lift of it has a reusable gasket to

Do what you did here join a forum. YFZ Central , Thumper talk, etc. Good luck on the valve shim, feeler gauges ,micrometer , and shim kit ($70+) and time needed.

Gotta wonder when someone wants to trade a YFZ for a Blasturd, not really a high dollar unit. Don't get me wrong, I like it, runs good, lots of fun, real ugly, but if someone wanted to trade aYFZ for it I would wonder if there was something wrong with him or the Y. Don't give up, but have a budget in mind so you don't dump more into it than what it's worth..

I signed up for yfz. I've been waiting on some o-rings to come in for the hoses( $4 a piece!). We also have ordered new wheels and tires all around, a k&n recharge kit, blue hoses, oversized radiator, aftermarket fan, lanyard kill switch, new grips, new grab bar, new front bumper, blue chain with 2 sprockets, a graphics kit.

And I'm saving my money for a dyna ignition system, and a dasa exhaust.

Eventually I'm going to send the motor to have the oil mod done, and valves checked.

Does anyone know where to get a fan that has a switch so I can turn it on when I want it on.

You don't have to change fans to add a manual on/off fan switch.

First, check that your fan works: pull the 2-wire plug off of the temp sensor located on the top-left (looking from the front) of your radiator. turn your key to "on" and then jump both contacts found on the 2-wire plug with a paper-clip. If the fan turns then you know it's a good working unit. If it doesn't turn on, buy another fan for cheap off of ebay and swap out.

Second, to install a manual on/off switch you'll simply need to splice the two wires coming from your on-off switch into each of the wires going to the temp sensor you just tested above. For a clean install, just shave a little bit of the wire casing off of each wires to be spliced. Then solder the wires from your new switch to these newly exposed wires.....followed by some liquid tape.

Good luck!