Yamaha28's Black Beauty

yamaha28

Apr 8, 2011
So I scrounged up enough parts to build a blaster frame and I figured I would have some fun with it. I have an engine that has several holes and cracks in the crankcase from where a piston skirt decided to break and make more room. I wielded it up (Civic would be proud!) ;) I am getting the mill set up currently so I can grind it down. I am still working on painting a few things but it is mostly together. I have all black plastics ready to go on with a black seat. Here are some pics for YOU! I:I
CMP_0045.jpg

CMP_0046.jpg

CMP_0048.jpg

CMP_0049.jpg

All my blaster parts! And some odds and ends.
CMP_0053.jpg

CMP_0052.jpg

Thanks guys. I have a paint booth set up behind my shelves of parts, you might be able to see it. It works really well, but painting the frame was hard. That's a lot of paint in a confined space! There was so much paint that I was giggling like a little school girl for no reason after I got done with the third coat.

Sorry it took so long, gotta love sleeping in on break! So here it is so far.
CMP_0015.jpg

CMP_0012.jpg

CMP_0013.jpg

CMP_0016.jpg

It has brand new Artrax MXT-R rear tires on it. They give the blaster about 2mm ground clearance lol. It has 1 inch spacers all around plus flipped rims which gives it a little more than 2 inches both front and rear.

I finally got my cases back from getting them welded. I need to shave the welds down with my mill then start putting it all back together. My motor mod plans are, FMF Pipe and silencer (which I already have), and V-force 3 reeds. Not much but it will give it a little power. Probably throw in a Uni Air filter too.

So what do you guys think so far?

I am pretty sure I have two of each a-arm on a blaster. So yep I've got some to sell. haha

out of curiosity what is that giant long chain laying on the ground in the last few pictures? lol

I was waiting for somebody to ask lol. My dad owns a human sludge dryer at a human waste plant. Essentially it's a two story dryer that dries the wet human "waste" into little pellets for fertilizer and so its cheaper to transport because it's lighter. That chain is waht drives one of the parts on the dryer.

Thanks, by the time I am finished I hope to give them a try in the snow. That is if we ever get any!