Yamaha blaster push start but no kick start

Muhammed

Aug 17, 2015
Hi Guys. I need some assistance with the following and turn to you"ll for help.

I have a 2001 yamaha blaster which was running fine until last week. The diagnosis is as follows ;

- last week run had the bike switching off when coming to a hault. I kicked it each time with no issues starting up and just kept the rev higher to avoid switching off. After this ride i sent the bike in and replaced the piston rings and did a service.(rings replaced due to smoking)
- this week the bike switched on fine , idled fine but 2 hours into the ride the bike switched off and refused to start.

The confusing part is that when i was being towed , i push started the bike and drove behind the person towing me with access to all gears. The bikes power seemed fine with no miss or loss of power but switched off when coming to a stop.

Please can you advise me on the possible problems? I have been told that i drove too long on worn rings which causes a gap to occur and even though new rings have been installed the piston collapsed on one side.

I am terribly confused . Plz help

Do a compression test.

leak test to check the seals, if worn could cause bad smoking and damage to engine

and what is this "piston collapse" you are talking of? a picture would be helpful if it is damage