Yamaha Blaster home made lowering kit

Akraus5

Mar 7, 2013
Hi guys. I am getting bashed for posting on old threads so here it goes. I know the yamaha 450 shocks fit on the blaster with either a-arms or a lowering kit. I understand that the lowering kit will not actually lower, but more or less move the shock mount further up so that the 450 shocks will fit.

1.Any recommendation on the thickness of the steel to use. I was going to make the raised shock mounts with 1/4 inch steel but a friend told me to go with 1/2 inch.

2. What year yamaha 450 shocks would be good for an 06 blaster with longer a-arms.

1/4" or 5/16" steel will be fine.

2qdrdao.jpg

Alright. I decided to do a little more research because my banshe shocks just did not seem like they were right. I threw on my lightly used 2006 stock blaster shocks and saw that the seals on my banshee shocks were blown. The shocks would just hiss really loudly and compress all of the way when I would land a jump. I put the blaster shocks on and they only hiss a little bit when hit hard when I stand on the bumper. Is this normal for the shocks to let a little air out when compressed quickly. Or is it supposed to be silent and no air coming out. Please let my know.

mine make the same sound if i stand on the bumper and jump up and down.i was wondering to if its supposed to make a sound.

They are supposed to hiss when compressed fast, all shocks do. It's due to the fluid being forced through the holes in the piston in the shock.

They are supposed to hiss when compressed fast, all shocks do. It's due to the fluid being forced through the holes in the piston in the shock.

I know that, but the stock blaster shocks had more (rebound)(stiffness) :not sure what word: than the banshee shocks. They seemed to tighten up more when compressed and the banshee shocks stayed the same no matter how hard they were compressed. Is there anything I can do to get new seals?