Yamaha Banshee Help.

May 18, 2012
Scotland
Hi so iv been offered a straight swap for my yz 125 1990(runs mint) for a yamaha banshee which is stuck in first gear. it still runs but won't go past first gear. wondering if its a easy fix? im not fussed on how much it costs for a gearbox etc if i need one. but just wondering what problem is. asking £500/$900 for yz which is a fair price in the uk. i can sell the parts for more of the banshee but want to fix it up and ride it.

im thinking a problem in bottom end maybe broken gear but not sure?

Id be all over that trade! One thing to remember....Banshee engine cases split vertically, not horizontally like those of a Blaster. SO, you can take a whole Banshee engine, sit it upside down on a workbench, and split the case halves without removing the crankshaft or top end.

It will be very easy to figure out what happened to the tranny, and you don't have to disturb the crankshaft while doing so. Just FYI.

Id be all over that trade! One thing to remember....Banshee engine cases split vertically, not horizontally like those of a Blaster. SO, you can take a whole Banshee engine, sit it upside down on a workbench, and split the case halves without removing the crankshaft or top end.

It will be very easy to figure out what happened to the tranny, and you don't have to disturb the crankshaft while doing so. Just FYI.

awesome man :) the guy might be messing me about but il be selling the yz i have anyway and buying a banshee of the money either way. but never knew that about the engine thanks man!!