would this make a difference in power

blaster195

Jul 5, 2007
if take the exhaust the part from off the engine and take a dremel and shve some of the metal off and clean it out and put it bac on would this make me have any more power and if it does is it worth doing im really desperate in trying to make some power

well, if the inside diameter of the opening of the pipe is smaller than the exhaust port of the engine, then it would cause turbulence and a choking point, so yea it would probably help a little, but is it a stock pipe or aftermarket? if you want good power w/o spending too much money, get a used pipe, decent air filter, reeds, and a jet kit off of ebay. remove the airbox lid and jet accordingly, the jet kit should have instructions as to which jet to use for what setup. if your running crappy 87 octane, go with premium. it'll make a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I get it.

It's all about the pipe. No way I can get into the science of exhaust, but get a good pipe and then worry about porting to match.

A good exhaust with the proper jets (they usually come with it) is the best bolt on horsepower form stock, period.

A

Dude your looking for HP an going about it all the wrong way.....save your money get you a used exhaust it can always be re chromed with 3 plate show chrome for 75 dollars. if you want a even cheaper mod that will give you way better throttle response an make it rev quicker then get the flywheel lightened its a really cheap mod an works.

Forgot to post this in my last post but you could even get you some reeds an a reed spacer an a filter that will increase the HP but the stock blaster pipe is really restrictive it was a night an day difference when i bolted my pipe on. the blaster really woke up then.

just fyi - with blasters and any high performance engine for that matter, porting/polishing is for engines that are highly modified and the owner is looking to squeeze out just a little more juice. Engines are all about moving air in and out efficiently to make them more efficient (translates to more power). Do what everyone said above with the pipe, reeds, and air filter. Cant beat those! Good luck

i want to get a aftermarket pipe for my bike, but live i a neborhood and have to ride street out to get to the trail. i also have a yz250 with full pro circuts and love it, but its sooooo loud it shakes the ground and the stock blaster is bearable. how much louder if any would it be? right now it has my stock yz250 silicenser on it.

Last edited: