won't start!!!

swankems

Jun 12, 2013
Ok I have a 1990 Yamaha blaster I just dumped money into it for the carb. rebuild kit and it ain't pumping gas to the motor I know it runs I dumped gas down the sparkplug holebut any suggestions or know what's wrong?!?!?

Does gas flow good out of the gas tank?
Into the carb?
float height set?
needle seating correctly?

What are your mods, have you done leak test?
Does gas come out of overflows?

Compression?

As above, but please refrain from dumping gas in the plughole all the lubricating oil will be washed from the rings and cylinder wall.

Contrary to public belief pre mix contains no lubricating properties when dumped in a plug hole..

Lubrication is provided below piston by oil which has come out of suspension and thrown around by revolving and reciprocating parts.

Only mod I know of is aftermarket exhaust and headers can bad reeds cause it from starting

Yes reeds will cause hard starting, check the comp.

Is your carb getting gas to it, my buddy rebuilt his carb, didn't even need to was a bad pedcoock( the gas on/off) switch.

If your comp is good, pull ur carb back off and check your reeds, they should set flat against the cage! Take a pick and post it if unsure.

Yes reeds will cause hard starting, check the comp.

Is your carb getting gas to it, my buddy rebuilt his carb, didn't even need to was a bad pedcoock( the gas on/off) switch.

If your comp is good, pull ur carb back off and check your reeds, they should set flat against the cage! Take a pick and post it if unsure.

Leak test, THEN remove to check.... Leak test ALWAYS before dissasembling engine....

My carb is getting gas and how do I check if I'm getting good compression and I know my deeds ain't setting the whole way down I am replacing the reeds they are the stock reeds and the guy I bought it off it says its bored so maybe the jets are to small idk I payed $400 and I put $200 in clutches push rod and block off but ill go home take a video and put it on YouTube and give u the URL or whatever and tens go see what u think

My carb is getting gas and how do I check if I'm getting good compression and I know my deeds ain't setting the whole way down I am replacing the reeds they are the stock reeds and the guy I bought it off it says its bored so maybe the jets are to small idk I payed $400 and I put $200 in clutches push rod and block off but ill go home take a video and put it on YouTube and give u the URL or whatever and tens go see what u think

No worries here, unless it is a big bore the jets should be fine.

The reeds could present a problem.

Ok my buddy just messed with the carb and reed and he cleaned it a little and he said it started up and ran for a min and died so I think it the carb

Ok my buddy just messed with the reeds. and carb and cleaned them and it started for about a minute. and just died

There is an awful lot of difference between messing with and servicing.

Was the carb thoroughly cleaned and adjusted?

Was the float level checked and adjusted?

Has it been leak tested yet?

Does fuel flow as a constant dribble when you crack open the drain screw on the float bowl?