Won't start until starter fluid is used.

Blaster Boy 789

Jan 27, 2021
So I have just bought a 97 blaster and have done an engine rebuild, mined the fact that the engine has been sitting in pice's outside. We got everything ready and started kicking only to bruise our feet. We are getting fuel to the carb, we are getting good spark, our compression could be better (compression at 105 psi). Stopped using starter fluid to start it and now have figured out that the only way to start it is to squirt very little of our 32:1 fuel into the cylinder to start it. We have tested for vacuum leaks in which there is none and there is all new gaskets. There is one thing though we decided to use the cylinder that was scored and just honed it. Don't know what to do you guys got anything to help me out.

What are your mods ?
Lazy yellow or fat blue spark?
Is the plug wet if you don't spray fuel in?
Are you using the choke?
Have you cleaned the carb?
Describe in DETAIL how you did it.
Set the float?
Does petcock flow good?
What mods do you have?
What's the jetting and settings on the carb.

Most off of the parts are used off what we got from the dude. Original carb new jets, needle, float works, and has been cleaned a lot. Using a lazy yellow and usually never gets wet. Also everything on it is stock. Choke does not work on starting it up. In order to start it I use a water bottle, fill it half full and poke a hole in the cape and squirt fuel into the carb. Also the choke might work due to the fact that when running, when choke is pulled it die's.

Compression is definitely low.What's the numbers on the new Jets?
Pilot should be 32.5
Air screw 1 1/2 turns out from lightly seated to start.
Float set at 20mm
What the numbers on the. New needle? And main

So I have just bought a 97 blaster and have done an engine rebuild, mined the fact that the engine has been sitting in pice's outside. We got everything ready and started kicking only to bruise our feet. We are getting fuel to the carb, we are getting good spark, our compression could be better (compression at 105psi). Stopped using starter fluid to start it and now have figured out that the only way to start it is to squirt very little of our 32:1 fuel into the cylinder to start it. We have tested for vacuum leaks in which there is none and there is all new gaskets. There is one thing though we decided to use the cylinder that was scored and just honed it. Don't know what to do you guys got anything to help me out.

That right there is your problem.

A good buddy of mine used to have a 2000 and he used to run it on only 90 to 95 psi. Don't know if its true? All I can how for is carburetor ultrasonic clean and new jets. All we really wanted is for it to run so if this is the only way because once I get it running it will idle and I can reve it up and it will come back smoothly. Everything about it is fine other than it wont start with a quick.

A good buddy of mine used to have a 2000 and he used to run it on only 90 to 95 psi. Don't know if its true? All I can how for is carburetor ultrasonic clean and new jets. All we really wanted is for it to run so if this is the only way because once I get it running it will idle and I can reve it up and it will come back smoothly. Everything about it is fine other than it wont start with a quick.

Cheap guages are notorious for reading low.
Throttle wide open. Kick until gauge stops moving is procedure

When I first checked for pressure I kicked until it stopped but didn't use throttle. Guess i'll try that this time.