Won't start or even hit sounds like..

RebelBlaster80

Jul 19, 2015
I have a 03 blaster 195cc air cooled. The guy I bought it from said it had been re jetted at the power sports shop where we live. It ran fine for 2 days on the gas he had in it. Still has the oil mix pump on it. I put some 93 octaine in it an ran great for a day... It started not wanting to take gas. Would set an idle fine. I thought may just been a glitch something in the tank or whatever over the fuel line. Started back up got it going an was fine. I putted around with the kids for a while an parked it. Went out the next day to ride. All it would do was set an idle...just sucking air when tried to gas it an die... Now it won't start an idle or even sound like its hitting trying to start. Any ideas.......????

does it still have the tors system on it?
parking break wire on clutch lever?

gas cap is venting properly?

try a new plug ngk b8es

get a 1/4 fuel line for your gas cap it looks missing in pic?? maybe?
it could be your parking break/slash tors unit if it is still hooked up.

get a 1/4 fuel line for your gas cap it looks missing in pic?? maybe?
it could be your parking break/slash tors unit if it is still hooked up.
Yea it is missing the cap line.. I didn't think that would matter dew to it still being vented. An I took the gas cap all the way off an tried to start it still nothing.

I believe the reeds are fine. I took the carb off an felt inside the intake but I will take the reeds out an check for sure..Thanks for Everyone's help..I just bought this thing for 1000.. Hate to lose money on it already

I believe the reeds are fine. I took the carb off an felt inside the intake but I will take the reeds out an check for sure..Thanks for Everyone's help..I just bought this thing for 1000.. Hate to lose money on it already
Ok so I have now unclipped the TORS system. Some say u can just un clip them others say to wire the yellow to the black.. It still won't start or even seem like its trying to hit.....????

if you get confused take pics and we can circle them and tell you lol
you can check for spark by grounding plug to side of cylinder.
check your grounds clean them kill switch key way can be unplugged to see if that is the problem...

parking break sensor unplug it off the clutch perch and follow it down under hood an unplug it completly,not sure if it matter after splicing.

need to figure out if it is electrical/compression or fuel/air related:)

That's what I thought.. The 03 to 06 I believe are like that.. No what about the parking break on the clutch? Can that cause me a issue an won't start...?

it can, to disable the parking brake just unplug it at the clutch lever
coil it up and ty-rap it under the hood.

if you get confused take pics and we can circle them and tell you lol
you can check for spark by grounding plug to side of cylinder.
check your grounds clean them kill switch key way can be unplugged to see if that is the problem...

parking break sensor unplug it off the clutch perch and follow it down under hood an unplug it completly,not sure if it matter after splicing.

need to figure out if it is electrical/compression or fuel/air related:)
The TORS is by passed done it just like the link showed... I'm a mechanic so I'm usually good at this sort of thing.. But not on quads.. So to re cap.. It has a new NGK plug an the TORS is by passed.. Still acts like its not even trying to start..

check for spark on plug.
the only things that stop the blaster from starting is this

low compression
fouled plugs
bad reeds
stator's crap out alot or get wet and dont start
pilot jet is clogged/or float needle is blocking or flooding engine
whacked out idle air mixture/dirty filters
tors system
or people have open wires touch bare metal/frames
kill switch acts up
inline fuel filters that crap themselves
not free flowing gas

it can, to disable the parking brake just unplug it at the clutch lever
coil it up and ty-rap it under the hood.
So now the TORS system is by passed. An has a new plug...Seems to be have good compression. The kick start does feel a lil off from what it did 4 days ago when I bought it. She always started first kick cold or hot

i would comp test it even if it ran perfect so you can get an idea on what it is at:)
should be around 120psi
100psi needs rebuilt

check for spark on plug.
the only things that stop the blaster from starting is this

low compression
fouled plugs
bad reeds
stator's crap out alot or get wet and dont start
pilot jet is clogged/or float needle is blocking or flooding engine
whacked out idle air mixture/dirty filters
tors system
or people have open wires touch bare metal/frames
kill switch acts up
inline fuel filters that crap themselves
not free flowing gas
Seems to be getting gas the old plug was really to wet... I still have to check the reeds. Thanks yal...

Seems to be getting gas the old plug was really to wet... I still have to check the reeds. Thanks yal...
i would comp test it even if it ran perfect so you can get an idea on what it is at:)
should be around 120psi
100psi needs rebuilt
Would that make the plug look like it has water beeds on it.. Each time I try it an I have drained the gas an put fresh in. Looks like it has water beeds around the bottom.

i dont know could be the 2 stroke oil beading up?
it might even be flooded from many attempts to start it

can you take a pic of your carb i want to see it lol

Was told it was re jetted by power sports of Greeneville just befor I bought it.. Seems to drain gas out the drain fine. An I'm sure the plug is gettin gas..

Attachments

• IMG_20150719_180354006.jpg
    IMG_20150719_180354006.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 247