Wont start?????LOOK HERE!!!

S

sgp

My blaster wont start. Its got all new jets, new piston, new reeds. It has compression and spark. I put some gas down the plug hole and it started for a couple of seconds. I cleaned the carb and Its completley redone inside. I put some more gas in the hole and it almost started then some fire shot out of the exhaust hole and a high pitched sounding back fire. (The exhaust is off.) Any ideas whats wrong?? Please help.:( I really wanna ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats your Air mix screw set at? Set it at the stock 1 and 1/2 turns out. check your air filter. Then, if all else fails, go thru the carb again.

Ditto

Recheck all the new sh*t, make sure it's right. 1.5 turns out on the screw. I'd say put the exhaust on, doesn't sound like a good idea to have it off.

A

Oh, i didnt read that you didnt have the exhaust on it. Dude, put that back on right now. Thats your problem right there. Its not going to run without any backpressure. At least wont run very long...

with out the exhaust you will burn the damn valves if you do get it to run for long

2 strokes= no valves! 4 strokes=valves!

and are u premixing if ur blaster has oil block off kit?

if u actually drove ur blaster without a exhaust u will burn out the rings

no never drove it. just wanted 2 start it real quick. dont have nutz to hold on the exhaust.