Wiring harness, cdi

amber1811

Apr 1, 2024
on my 01 yamaha blaster, we have a new cdi, new stater, new coil, new wiring harness, new everything. but still no spark, there’s spark when the black/white wire from cdi is unplugged. and there’s still spark with the kill switch off. i don’t know if i can run it with that wire unplugged. we haven’t gotten a new control unit, i don’t know if that’s the issue. i need conclusions

on my 01 yamaha blaster, we have a new cdi, new stater, new coil, new wiring harness, new everything. but still no spark, there’s spark when the black/white wire from cdi is unplugged. and there’s still spark with the kill switch off. i don’t know if i can run it with that wire unplugged. we haven’t gotten a new control unit, i don’t know if that’s the issue. i need conclusions
I am having the same issue right now. Even with the kill switch and ignition switch off it still sparks did you find out your problem yet?

The kill switch and key switch kills ignition by grounding it. There is a downloadable service manual on this site which will have the electrical schematic. Sounds like you have a ground issue

Reactions: chull6
Here is where you can download the service manuals

Reactions: chull6