will YZ/kx 250 FMF chamber and silencer work/fit 1999 blaster?

Dec 29, 2014
The Netherlands
hello, i live in holland and blasters are pretty rare here, i want to get an FMF pipe on my blaster but i can't afford a new one. there are quitte some used ones online for kx 250s and yz 250s will those work on a 200?
I have looked around on the forum but i didn't come across a thread about this

No, for several reasons.
1) its cone shapes and lengths are not tuned for the size and RPM of the Blaster engine.
2) the exhaust flange does not fit the same way
3) the bends of the pipe do not fit the frame

A DT200 pipe meets the first conditions but not the last.

You have to get a pipe that fits the frame and the engine.

Steve

I was going to ask same thing. I weld custom pipe all day and was considering taking a yz250 and cut welds and reshape and fit into frame if same inlet diameter. I have a 240 w/stroker and in need of another big bore pipe and vito's no longer makes one. Can it be done? Is it same exhaust chamber/cone size etc?

I was going to ask same thing. I weld custom pipe all day and was considering taking a yz250 and cut welds and reshape and fit into frame if same inlet diameter. I have a 240 w/stroker and in need of another big bore pipe and vito's no longer makes one. Can it be done? Is it same exhaust chamber/cone size etc?

No, the cones are not the same due to the higher rpm and different port timing.
However if you had a cheap YZ250 pipe and can do the alterations it may be a good place to start.

Steve