Will not start

reed.jpg

reed2.jpg

THE BIKE STARTS BUT SHUTS RIGHT OFF AND THIS IS WHAT I FOUND ONE OF THE REED PADELS BROKEN OFF..I FIGURE TO MUCH AIR GOING IN TO THE COMBUSTION CHAMBER N THEN THE AIR EXCAPE BACK OUT CUZ ONE OF THE PADELS IS BROKEN..ALSO R THESE REGULAR VFORCE REEDS? THATS ALL IT SAYS ON THE SIDE OF THE PLATE!!!

those are v-force 2's, because it has the screwed on reed petals, the vf3's went to a pinch style petal retainer, because the 2's had a reputation of spitting a screw into the cylinder, so be sure to use some loc-tite when re-installing them

and heres the maker of v-force reeds, mototassanari
check this website, or give them a call for the petals needed, the vf2 petals have become hard to find on ebay, but oconnor told me they hooked him right up when he called them

http://www.mototassinari.com/

So i tried purchasing the reeds n it is gooing to take a week 2 get them from my local bike shop..i really wanted to go ryding tomorow so this is what i did
th_reed3.jpg

took n old bouble tree room key card grab one of the none damage reed valves put it on top of the key card n trase it , then cut it looks like this
th_reed4.jpg

n this is what itlooks like after im done..
th_reed5.jpg

so if u want to do a temp fix this is how i did mine...

haha wow. Some people may consider me anal, I flip out if I think I have the wrong oil or my clutch plates arent in spec, and I bend down and put my ear next to the motor just about every time I ride and ask everyone if they "hear something", I feel panic coming on just looking at those pictures.