Will Not Kick Start...?

ThaOrangeOne

Apr 21, 2009
Maine
www.myspace.com
I went on a big ride last weekend. I ended up breaking down when we got there and ended up geting towed back. when i got back i had to clean my air filter and change my plug. It ran great for a while but now it wont kick start. If i jump start it the wheeler runs and goes well. but it still wont kick start. I checked all the wireing and replaced the coil and still no kick start. It will load up on gas and then backfire. I removed the air filter and cleaned the carb and then tried and still no go. Its kinda pissing me off. lol so i changed the reeds and reed housing and still nothing. So now im kinda stumped. What should i try next or what could be the problem?

ok so you have fuel and spark,only thing left is comp. do a compression test and hit us back. also does the kickstarter move or is it stuck?

ok i just talked to a friend of mine and hes gonna bring the tester over 2morrow but he said to put some oil in the cylinder andit should start up cause the oil will fill the gaps up. would that work and should i try it? if so would mixing oil be good to use? o and the kick start turns over ok. and whats my compression gotta be at?

i think you need to be in the 110's at least. i know some guys here with alot of mods on the engines have 170lbs and up.

you should be higher like at least 100 for it to start but before you go tearing down check your reeds first. make sure they are seating when closed.