will a yz 250 pipe fit

YZ pipe won't fit as is. I cut 2 wedge shaped pieces out of a 89 FMF pipe to make it fit. Still have to remove the engine to remove the pipe. In this pic of the 89 pipe you can see the 2 places I cut. I'm working on a 91 Pro Circuit pipe now but that's another story. Also had to mod the pipe to the silencer. I'd say the pipe is the hardest part of the conversion. Not really hard, just takes patience.

Pipeandmountstext.jpg

There are some more pix of the conversion here:

YZ Otis pictures by StickerOtis - Photobucket

i was looking on here and some used a cr 125 pipe wut do you think about a yz 125 pipe would that work u think because i have one of those

i was looking on here and some used a cr 125 pipe wut do you think about a yz 125 pipe would that work u think because i have one of those

I would think a 125 pipe is designed for a 125 engine. If you want the most out of your 250 you need to be as close to a good 250 pipe as you can or have a custom pipe built by a builder. I try not to alter the length of the pipe. Just change the bends a bit to fit.
Good luck with the swap. With machining & welding experiance it should be a lot of fun. Post lots of pix so we can follow along :)

hi there i used a cr 125 race pipe and the thing is still sick man easy done i would go with the yz 125 if u have it saving pennies is good means u could get something esle a bit o bling u dont loss alot

Yes the yz 250 fit, have to cut the end of the pipe to pass in frame and mods the exit of engine bye cutting the pipe on the original weld rotate a little bit, do another cut below th first cut an rotate, the pipe need to be install from the left side of engine, then adjust, do 3 or 4 spot weld on the part of the pipe cute and aligned, try to remove from the bike, its will come out really tight but easy. weld all part if is come out from the frame.

i will try to post some picture of my setup this week.

sorry for my English i am from Quebec and speak French and my English is far far far away in my head

lol

hi there i used a cr 125 race pipe and the thing is still sick man easy done i would go with the yz 125 if u have it saving pennies is good means u could get something esle a bit o bling u dont loss alot

nice bike! if you want those dents out of ur pipe put water inside and freeze it, they will pop right out.
1000th post!!!!!