Why did my top end go?

All those stupid metal things in the plastic stripped out so

been a while since I fooled with a stock airbox, but 1 of mine seemed stripped while the lid was on and I couldn't get it off to clean my airfilter, it's a threaded brass barrel inside the plastic, and a screw from underneath holds the brass barrel tight from spinning, (at least the front right one )
check it out..... if so, tighten and hold the screw from underneath and the brass barrel shouldn't spin

No screws on mine....just the barrels and they all spun in the plastic. So I popped them all out with a punch amd Im gonna use bolts with nuts on the other side. Okay so about needle height....mine is at the middle setting with a washer on each side (top and bottom) of the clip. Is that correct to start with?

your leaking somewhere but not alot. While yes it might be ok to run this, just take note that where ever it is leaking from, it has the possibility to grow over use. BUT i am sure you would be fine to run it.

NOW is when we get into jetting the bike. I bought 5 plugs when i was jetting mine to make sure I had enough.

one third of 1 psi ?
I'd call it good and start tuning

Alright its leak tested and no leaks stock airbox with lid on 300 jet needle in the middle Im testing it tomorrow

Attachments

• 1434072198031.jpg
    1434072198031.jpg
    556.6 KB · Views: 209
Okay even with everything like i said in last update it still gets hot enough to boil water on the head. Is this normal???

Okay even without a plug chop I can easily tell its way too rich. It stutters a lot at half to full throttle. Should I go down a size in jet or should I just take the airbox lid off? Which is better?

I know Awk mentioned it but I for some reason I feel I need to ask again.. You mean 1/3 of 1 psi and NOT 1/3 of the 6-7 psi you pumped up too ? Also how long did you leave it pressurized in total ?

I have to ask only because the difference between 1/3 of 1 psi and 1/3 of the 6-7 psi means the difference a very soon rebuild or a nice long running happy motor.

1/3 of ONE psi. I left it pressurized for about 8 minutes total. 1/3 of one psi was after about 6 minutes at 8 minutes id say it dropped about 3/8 -1/2 of one psi

Okay even without a plug chop I can easily tell its way too rich. It stutters a lot at half to full throttle. Should I go down a size in jet or should I just take the airbox lid off? Which is better?
1/3 of ONE psi. I left it pressurized for about 8 minutes total. 1/3 of one psi was after about 6 minutes at 8 minutes id say it dropped about 3/8 -1/2 of one psi

Leak down is good enuf for me, I've had the same results with no meltdowns due to an air leak since I started testing.

Take the lid off is easier than changing a jet. Then plugchop with lid off.