where do fmf springs hook??m

x-man

Jan 28, 2016
Okay I have a FMF fatty header powercore 2 silencer I'm taking off the stock exhaust there was no washer so I used a gasket sealer on the flange but I don't have any Springs I see where the Springs hook on to the header but I don't know where I'm supposed to hook them on to the frame or the engine

merged from 2nd thread

ok so this is where im at i have the stock exhaust off iv got the fatty hedder on but im wait for the rubber washers n spings from ebay but iv got everything lined up hedder silencer all bolted on just not tightened but iv got no idea where the springs go i see the loop but idk what els they hook to?? after that im going to move to the carb im going to order an fmf yamaha blaster jet kit that is for the exhaust so they should be lagit but i no every engine is deff i just hope they are the sizes i need

ok so this is where im at i have the stock exhaust off iv got the fatty hedder on but im wait for the rubber washers n spings from ebay but iv got everything lined up hedder silencer all bolted on just not tightened but iv got no idea where the springs go i see the loop but idk what els they hook to?? after that im going to move to the carb im going to order an fmf yamaha blaster jet kit that is for the exhaust so they should be lagit but i no every engine is deff i just hope they are the sizes i need

wen it comes to the carb do i have to do anything with the air screw

dude, do not create another thread on this subject, anywhere on here, at anytime, ever.
you created umpteen threads asking which pipe to buy, now you've already created 2 within the last 2 hours about where to hook the springs.
I don't know you're reasoning for this multi thread tyrade you've been on, and have seen others ask you to stop.
this time it's official, you create multiple threads on the same subject again and you're going to get a little time out !

now, to answer your question(s)
if the flange doesn't have a loop to connect the spring(s)
you either....
* have a loop welded on,
* improvise something to connect to under the bolt(s)....larger washer with hole in it, a link of jack chain, wire ect.
* you drill a small hole in one of the cooling fins of the cylinder

Reactions: Blaster crazy
Awk I got to the point where I just don't answer it there's so many threads and a lot of duplicated threads its redicolous sorry bud but this needs to stop this is the 5th time I told u and it's getting old members complain to u all the time about and half of the threads are just common sense

really ?
a question about carb tuning in your "hedder" thread ?
ok im sry idk if its cuz we use the site on my phone n I M NOT tech savvy i m sry n my brother posts sh*t too n iv told him to make his own but i cant get to the old convo cuz it only shows the last 3 convo but this last one was me n i assumed that i wasnt making multiple threads I assumed I was just adding on to the one I had already started so that you would know where I was at

Yo X-man, sometimes your posts are funny sometimes annoying. :mad: Slap your brother around and show him this thread .

I highly suggest using the search function. It works really amazing on this forum.
Or Google search, " FMF spring hook-up + Blaster Forum" or similar should get you good results.
If this caveman could copy/paste with this tablet, I would do a
LMGTFY !! :D

Yo X-man, sometimes your posts are funny sometimes annoying. :mad: Slap your brother around and show him this thread .

I highly suggest using the search function. It works really amazing on this forum.
Or Google search, " FMF spring hook-up + Blaster Forum" or similar should get you good results.
If this caveman could copy/paste with this tablet, I would do a
LMGTFY !! :D

I on my tablet and can copy and paste 2 ways very easy. 1 option is the video below and 2nd is hylight text and press ctrl and c on my touch screen keyboard to copy and then ctrl and p to paste it

Gee, that's something you could have mentioned in your first post. I would weld loops on or take and make some pieces that would go on studs, "L" shaped with hole for spring. Would think stretching to the fins would be to far.

took me a few minutes to find it, but I knew I had seen this on here.........

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/fmf-gold-series-exhaust-gasket.28577/#post-336623
100_0958.jpg

the google search for "exhaust spring connected to cylinder fin + yamaha blaster" turned up that it looks popular with the scooter guys ?

and found this pic of a spring attachment for under the bolt/nut on a Tri-Z
could easily be made with a large flat washer.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-1986-Y...ash=item236b889683:g:XZYAAOSwT4lWRqSl&vxp=mtr
(no way is that worth $28)
flange.jpg

took me a few minutes to find it, but I knew I had seen this on here.........

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/fmf-gold-series-exhaust-gasket.28577/#post-336623
100_0958.jpg

the google search for "exhaust spring connected to cylinder fin + yamaha blaster" turned up that it looks popular with the scooter guys ?

and found this pic of a spring attachment for under the bolt/nut on a Tri-Z
could easily be made with a large flat washer.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-1986-Y...ash=item236b889683:g:XZYAAOSwT4lWRqSl&vxp=mtr
(no way is that worth $28)
View attachment 28265
deff not worth 28 but thanks for that cuz i wasn't sure what fan i should do but no im thinking i may try n find a big washer