wheel spacers

B

bigbull

I just bought my wife a 2003 blaster and she is complaining of it feeling tipsy so I bought wheel spacers for the front and rear. Is it ok to run wheel spacers on the fronts and rear?

the only trouble people ever have with wheel spacers is they'll get the ones that screw onto the rim, and they are known to actually break off... or bend and then you are riding a not so fun ride...

be careful up front, u may snap a spindle the rear should be fine, but like everyone else said, the stud extensions are crap, you want the ones that bolt on to the hub and then the spacers have studs of their own

To add to what everyone else said, expect some unwanted side effects with wheel spacers, mainly the front end. That extra leverage you create from the extra width outside the ball joints puts more stress on everything in the front suspension. The shocks will be softer, your bearings, ball joints, and pivots will tend to wear quicker, you'll get more bump steer, and in my opinion it makes it way too easy to break a tie rod end if you ride in rough, rocky, rutted terrain. So you gotta weigh your costs and benefits here, but to me the advantage of a couple extra inches never seemed worth it for all the trouble it can cause.

To add to what everyone else said, expect some unwanted side effects with wheel spacers, mainly the front end. That extra leverage you create from the extra width outside the ball joints puts more stress on everything in the front suspension. The shocks will be softer, your bearings, ball joints, and pivots will tend to wear quicker, you'll get more bump steer, and in my opinion it makes it way too easy to break a tie rod end if you ride in rough, rocky, rutted terrain. So you gotta weigh your costs and benefits here, but to me the advantage of a couple extra inches never seemed worth it for all the trouble it can cause.

that makes me think twice, but I'm still making mine! =))

i bought a set for my suzuki that just screw onto the lugs and then you put your wheel on them, basically like an exstension! but my suzuki is much heavier than my blaster and i have jumped, clipped trees, hit rocks and eveything that happens normally and i have yet to ever have any problems with them! people say they brake and ware everything out, but my bike is tight as can be so far! and your ball joints and tie rod ends are normal maintance anyways! so if you cant keep up with maintance then why try using mods? and they make a very big diffrence on these narrow stance bikes!! mine are 3" and made my bike just as wide as a stock 400!! hope this helps!!!

i bought a set for my suzuki that just screw onto the lugs and then you put your wheel on them, basically like an exstension! but my suzuki is much heavier than my blaster and i have jumped, clipped trees, hit rocks and eveything that happens normally and i have yet to ever have any problems with them! people say they brake and ware everything out, but my bike is tight as can be so far! and your ball joints and tie rod ends are normal maintance anyways! so if you cant keep up with maintance then why try using mods? and they make a very big diffrence on these narrow stance bikes!! mine are 3" and made my bike just as wide as a stock 400!! hope this helps!!!

Yeah, sure everything is tight and solid now. your suzuki is a 2008, how long could you have possibly had it? Couple months? It'll take longer than that for anything to start showing. What I said, and this is the truth because it's just simple physics, is that it will cause the said components to wear more rapidly. Not instantly, you'll just replacing parts twice as much as you would if you left it stock. And really ball joint and tie rod ends usually don't fail from normal wear, something has to make them fail. Like overstressing it, crashing, broken grease seal, etc. That's why most a-arms don't even have replacable ball joints anymore, they're designed to last the life of the quad.

I have experienced this myself when I had my warrior. It took a lot of troubles and being left stranded 5 miles from camp with a broken tie rod end for me to decide that it's not worth all the bullshit, so I widened it the right way with aftermarket a-arms and shocks. Performed a heck of a lot better that way but not everybody wants to put that kind of money into an entry-level machine.

actually my bike is almost a year old!! i bought it in 07 and it has alot of rides on the spacers!!!but the way i see it is they are all toys and you pay to play!!! so do whatever you want but it all cost money!!!but yes ball joints and tie rod ends do ware from normal riding!!! they are moving parts so there for they ware!!!! not trying to start an argument but i hate when people put things down that half of them have probally never had, and they go by what they heard once or twice!!! i'v had good luck with them and never personally seen any one have troubles with them on their bike! thats all i was trying to say!!(my opinon for his question)

My son has a 2006 special edition blaster with wheel spacers that i bought from rocky mountain atv. Actually it has spacers in front and extended wheel hubs in back "changed it to a banshee bolt pattern for a better selection of rims" and he loves the extra stability it gives him.