Whats your top MPH?

I wouldnt go no bigger than 20s on a blaster, 18s look just right. Not sure how fast my blaster goes, but idhate to go 60 where i ride OO. Especially on a blaster.
Is the motor stock??

What you talking bout? I can fit a 17 tooth up front. Just gotta grind away some metal and it'll fit. If you go through the case, screw it. Just through some tape over it and it'll hold good.

It has plenty of power with the 14/38 combo. It gets to sixth just about as fast as you can shift it. My quad sits just a little over 48" it handles 55 easily.
I have looked for a 37 tooth sprocket. I don't think they are available. The chain would be riding the bolts on the sprocket.

@ Turbowrenchhead. Dont you think perhaps you are missing the point of a quad? they are not designed to do highway comparable speeds. They are made for riding off-road. the wheels are not even balanced! as your your friend that can apparently do 91mph while holding the choke, do you really think that is realistic? I mean have you tried even at 60mph leaning over to the left, with your weight not centered over the frame, find the choke, hold it out and handle a quad with bump steer with one hand? Now imagine handling the thing at near 160km/h?

just a thought!!

Last edited:
Makes me think of Banshee owners that want to do 100. At some point other than logic, you start battling the laws of physics, you can gear any way you want, but it takes power.

As to the guy that needs to pull the choke to do 90, he either needs to learn how to jet or how to rebuild engines :eek: Obviously lean on top end, might be fine for short bursts 8-|

Reactions: 19Blaster89
@ Turbowrenchhead. Dont you think perhaps you are missing the point of a quad? they are not designed to do highway comparable speeds. They are made for riding off-road. the wheels are not even balanced! as your your friend that can apparently do 91mph while holding the choke, do you really think that is realistic? I mean have you tried even at 60mph leaning over to the left, with your weight not centered over the frame, find the choke, hold it out and handle a quad with bump steer with one hand doing almost? Now imagine handling the thing at near 160km/h?

just a thought!!

i feel the same way. my trail blaster with "trail" gearing will pull about 75 according to the gearing calculator. that is plenty fast enough for about any trail we have around here. i posted the speed of dragger to just to show that you can make them run 100 if built right. but what is the point except for 1/8 mile+ drag racing.

My Blaster as I originally put it together would do over 70mph according to my GPS.
Scared the Dickens out of me. Even with 15-20psi in the tires it would get a weird all body wobble when you least expected it.
With the tires aired down to 3psi it is not safe over 60, and these 22" tires are even worse. Really spooky at speed.

As new as you are to quads, if you keep trying to touch the sky as far as speed goes,
I am afraid that one of these days we won't be hearing from you.
A speed wobble on these can be lethal.

Maybe with highpressure tires it may be feasible, but not on these tires.

I do like going fast myself, but I know what "crashed" feels like and how easy it can happen.

1994 Thunderbird Supercoupe, 250+kph sleeper. Tire belt broke loose at that speed.
Luckily it failed gradually enough to warn me to get slowed down to a less lethal speed.
271_29548170802_549110802_1505219_7453_n.jpg

1974 Maverick, 1970 351C 4v with "Q" code camshaft, Torker intake and Carter 800cfm, 145mph.
Front tire exploded at over 100mph. Nothing but the beads left on the rim.
271_29545090802_549110802_1505158_5614_n.jpg

Triplecrown on my Husaberg 450, 6th gear wheelies at 60mph. 100mph dirtbike.
Rod let go at 80kph, dropped all oil and water in front of rear tire.
Luckily it wasn't 80mph on a corner.
271_29548750802_549110802_1505234_8815_n.jpg

My present Blaster, shortly after getting it running.
Chain broke during a full power run in high gear. Weird sh!# happens.
It can happen to you, too.
225869_10150236711910803_549110802_9083925_173450_n.jpg

I clocked 71-72 Mph at Wot. With 14/38 gearing. I wanna run a 15t up front. And leave it there. According to a Gearing calculator it should do 76 With 15/38 I should be fine with that!

I clocked 71-72 Mph at Wot. With 14/38 gearing. I wanna run a 15t up front. And leave it there. According to a Gearing calculator it should do 76 With 15/38 I should be fine with that!

My question is how are you doing it? I have 14/38 and 20" tires and plenty of power to get to sixth quickly.

My question is how are you doing it? I have 14/38 and 20" tires and plenty of power to get to sixth quickly.

that fmf pipe is holding you back, thats a low/mid pipe, and the power falls off up top
get you a right bend pipe and break land speed records, LOL