Whats wrong with this picture?

atsownz

Dec 16, 2011
I just picked up this blaster, and haven't been able to figure out what the bracket on top of the disc brake is... It seems to have a un-used hole, so is this a factory brake setup?

photo1-1.jpg

WTF is that...........maybe to mount a 3rd brake light, hahahahaaa
that has to be off of a different bike ??????

BTW, good lookin bike, lets see some full pics !!!!

What normally mounts to that ear on the swingarm? I'm at a loss to find out whats going on... Is this a factory rear brake setup?

Here you go, paid 1k for it..

photo2-1.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo4.jpg

that is not a stock 03+ bracket, not sure what it's off of, maybe a yfz, it looks like the other 2 holes line up perfect, i wouldnt worry about it, or cut it off if it bothers you

I gotcha, i wonder why the used a dif bracket? Does it look like the factory caliper etc?

wait a minute, could that extra part sticking up been where the emergency brake cable mounted, ?????? the cable has to have had a solid mount for the outer casing, so the inner cable could pull thru it
i see that caliper has the e-brake block off on it

Hmmm...... Didn't even know these had that! What operated the e-brake? A lever on the bars?

Hmmm...... Didn't even know these had that! What operated the e-brake? A lever on the bars?

on pre 03's the front brake lever had an extra cable and mechanism to operate it and lock it on,
on the 03+ they switched it to the clutch lever with a similar mechanism

and i was wrong above, seems the 03+ had the cable holder mounted right to the part on yours that was removed with the blockoff plate..............

vnm841.jpg

i still say if it bothers you, mark it with a sharpie, remove the caliper and bracket, and cut that part off

a hacksaw, file to shape/clean and maybe a little splash of silver paint to prevent rust, and you'll soon forget it was ever on there............

14e3n82.jpg

matter of fact looking closer the rear swinger is missing the holders for the rear brake line....that swinger is post 03......I'm thinking that blaster is 88-02........also the dual brake lines going to the master cylinder on the bars ....stock 03+ has 1 that T's off to 2