What yr banshee

ChrisZx7

May 15, 2012
Rochester, Ny
Im in the market to add another toy to the collection. If i can't find a nice 2stroke KX250, im gonna keep my eyes peeled for a banshee. What yr banshee's are the good ones?

Banshees had about as many changes as a Blaster. They added a tube and a bracket to the J arm to make an A arm frame. Don't know if spindles are different but the caliper is. The J is prefered for dragging as it is lighter, tho after they get done choppin on frames it probably doesn't matter anyhow. Only drawback that I can see is extended J arms aren't as redily available, but they can be had for about same money. Seems also that parts in general are more than for others>

You will want to stay away from the 87-90 J- arm banshee. The J- arm is a single arm that tends to wear out the upper ball joints faster and the J- arm is weaker then the a-arm setup. If you find a real good deal on a J-arm Banshee,you can do the conversion to the A-Arm setup. Not sure of the cost Nd labor to do this but a real nice J-arm Banshe at a great price may be worth the conversion.