what upgrades should i add?

mystic mafia

Sep 24, 2010
hi i want to add the most effect track worthy mods performance wise for my blaster other than suspension. im working on that. my blaster has gold series pipe and powercore 2 silencer, wheels and tires, bumper, nerfbars, graphics kit and a bunch of other things im forgetting.

sounds like you got a good base to start from. i would say race with your current set up and as you gain experience you will see what your quad lacks or doesnt need. do that before you sink lots of money at once and have a useless hi-dollar set-up that cant even last a full day of 30min motos. motocross is 90% about technique . the best mod you can do is a good cardio exercise program for your self. the race is won on the last lap not the first,,, you need to last till then i dont give a crap if your fast off the line, i pounce when u get tired and loose steam... practice practice practice

Chassis | Suspension | Controls:

A Arms: 3+1 American Star Long Travel Shock A-Arms
Swingarm: American Star +4 Long Travel Roundhouse swingarm custum built LT
Steering Stem: ROLL DESIGN anti vibe +1 Steering Stem
Stabilizer: Gibson Stearing dampner
Axle: DuraBlue extended Axle
Carrier: Roundhouse American Star
Locknut: DuraBlue
Hubs F|R: Stock 06
Bars: Fasst Flexx Bars with anti vibe dampeners
Throttle/Clutch Lever: Moose Billet Thumb Throttle , ASV levers
Grips: Pro grip
Nerfs: AC Racing custom heal guards
Bumper: DG National Series Front Bumper
Grab Bar: DG National Grab Bar
Front Shocks: 16" Triple Rate elka LT shocks/remote rezzi dual adj.
Rear Shock: 16" Elka long travel dual rate rezi shock
Brake Lines: Lt Steel braided
Rotors F|R: Stock
Rims F|R: Douglas bead lock rims
Tires F|R: hole shot front / Maxi Razor

Body:

Frame: Rath racing gusset
Plastic: Project blaster green race plastic, Project blaster vented race hood
Graphics|Seat Cover: Kruz Racing Team / Gripper Seat cover
Number Backgrounds: n/a 009
Handguards: n/a
Bar Pad: fasst flexx
Fuel Tank: stock and moded fuel valve and project balster cover, Gas cap carbon fiber

Engine|Drive System:

Cylinder|Head: 200cc AMA legal motor Factory 7 Fire-Breather 200cc Cylinder Kit. Milled head runs only 110 race fuel
Bore & Stroke: Standard for AMA "Hot Rods" crank
Displacement: Standard for AMA
Cam: n/a
Carburetor: Trenga racing 30mm flatslide carb, 1/2" reed spacer, Boyesen power rad valve supercross, v-force 3 reeds AMA,
Air Filter|Box: Project Blaster Factory Aluminum Airbox
Pipe|Silencer: "Factory7" pipe /"LRD"silencer and also PSI for AMA
Clutch|Plates: Barrenet clutch kevlar will moose heavy duty springs
Gearing F|R: 13/40 13/41 /13/42 13/43 14/40 14/41 14/42 14/43 based on track
CDI|Killswitch: Notrology hot wire, Notrology coil, Pro Armor tether
Cooling: air Project Blaster air scoops
Other: lightend flywheel, 4 deg. timing advance

lol

Last edited:
yes i am doing a lot of cardio and upper body things.i knew it would help. yes i have never raced before and dont want to sink in a lot of money just to start out.

lsxgames- wanna trade quads straight up? ok ill add 20 buck max :p haha jk man

yes i am doing a lot of cardio and upper body things.i knew it would help. yes i have never raced before and dont want to sink in a lot of money just to start out.

lsxgames- wanna trade quads straight up? ok ill add 20 buck max :p haha jk man

yeah man run what you got, have some fun till you figure what do or dont need, best quad is one that is the bare essentials and is dialed to your needs

Haha yeah and make sure you don't put a lot of money into just pretty looking parts. Its sweet to have a really nice looking quad but when your cash runs out and you have a good looking bogger that just can't keep up it won't pay off. That's the #1 mistake guys make at the local track up here.

most important thing is to make sure that you have all of the safety stuff to pass tech. tether kill switch, heel guards would be great.

and you really need to work on rider skill and suspension above all else. the thing is, you can be in GREAT shape but with suspension that beats you up you have to have ridiculous stamina up and above.

don't forget to get good grips and/or an antivibe stem. this will help with arm pump

i was thinking of getting a 240 blaster from a member here and it has Ported Cylinder by LA Sleeve, 240 Big Bore with Vito's forged piston, Vito's +3 Crank, Hinson Clutch Basket and Components, Hinson gears, DG Nerf Bars, Pro Design Boost intake, 29mm Mikuni carb, Vito's "Fat Bastard" head pipe, FMF Power Core 2 end pipe, Renthal Bars, Shorty Clutch Handle, Outlaw Hand Guards and grip donuts, Oil injector block off kit, Boyesen Power Reeds, UNI Air Filter(Twin Stage), +1 Leagers A-Arms, +1 Durablue Axle, Titan Fast Trekker Fronts, Douglas Red Label Rims, Maxxis Razr Rears, SideWinder Twist Grip, All new cable set from Motion Pro(Throttle, Clutch, Brake), Marshall Racing Brake Pads.