WHAT TRICKS WILL I NEED TO KNOW FOR REPLACING REAR SHAFT BEARINGS?

GERMAN_WARRIOR

Dec 1, 2008
NORTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA
ORDERED NEW REAR BEARINGS FROM EBAY. NOW IM UNSURE IF I NEED SEALS TO. ALSO WHAT IS THAT LITTLE ROLLER THAT SEEMS TO BE A CHAIN BLOCKER THAT IS ON THE SWING ARM BOLT? WHERE CAN I GET THAT HARDWARE? WHAT TRICKS DO I NEED TO KNOW TO CHANGE THE REAR BEARINGS(SHAFT)
thank you

First off, it isn't a shaft, it is an axle. Also, the seals should come with the kit. You are going to need to press the bearings into the carrier. I would recommend you taking it to a machine shop or somewhere that knows how to do that.

yea and take caps lock off, i used a bearing puller to pull the bearings outta my dads suzuki lt250, then went to a local bearing and transmission and bought some high performance bearings wow what a difference in ride quality those old bearings were shot.
all we used was a rubber hammer and some grease.

you dont have to press the damn bearings in...but dont just grab a hammer either, use a good sized rubber mallet and take your time, tap one side, tap the other, work your way around the bearings to work them in strait..its not a hard job at all, i replace my carier bearings every season. and i cant stress this enough..USE THREAD LOCK on the axle bolts..dont get in a hurry and put it together without it..very important !!!

I take the old bearing and grind it down so it fits back in the carrier loosely so I can use that to push the new bearing in. The hardest part is getting the old bearings out.