What to upgrade first on stock Blaster ?

they increase airflow. i havent got reeds YET. hope to get a set. i would get v force 2 or 3s or boysen rad vavle. for the exhaust what riding do you do? flat opebn areas where you can get in the top end you want a mid to top end pipe. best pipe for slighlty modfifed blasters is the toomey b1 race kit. i have one personally and love it. for wood riding or close tigh trails you prolly want a more bottom to mid range pipe. alot of people have the fmf pipe or dmc alien exhaust. STAY AWAY FROM DG EXHAUST!!! just a warning they SUCK. maybe get an airfilter to. i suggest the uni pod filter. maybe get an outer wear to that goes over the air box . have to take aribox lid off though. for better control get rid of stock tires and get tires that are good for your type of riding. for even better control get some shocks. MAIN BRANDS ELKA WORCS PEP . dont buy the 100 dollars blaster shocks with rezzies off ebay. have heard from owners they suck to. make sure to re place all broken parts and always make sure you have enough oil and gas. if you have more questions dont be afraid to ask

thanks alot man
i do some light mudding and trail
i dont know much about tires, i just have the stock 8x8 rims. what tires fit on the rims cause there isnt much choice

i have the stock rims to. i have some nanco or nakang dirt track tires for racing in dirt. work well. not very popular tire any more.

great idea to upgrade to a set of banshee hubs and wheels, will give you so many choices of tyre you can choose from.

in my vast experience with blasters, since my first one new '96, nothing will make you faster overall, everywhere in the trails, than front suspension
Works shocks up front first, then at least a 400ex rear shock, on all my bikes, before any power mods.
as hard as it is to believe, the blaster is already overpowered for the suspension it was given, in the trails, unless of course your running in groomed, flat, trails or sand

Last edited:
Unless you plan on going balls deep on the engine V-force is a waste of money, IMHO. Go with either Boysen or Vito's two stage. Get Banshee/Warrior/YFZ/Raptor hubs/wheels to get a great selection of tire/wheels. Pipe/air filter is biggest bang for buck. All will depend on what you have to spend. Look around on here to see what others are running.

I have to agree with AWK, get some front shocks first. And flip the front wheels.