What size Jet

2004 YFS200

May 6, 2008
Saugus, MA
today i put my v force reeds in an i thought i had a 260 main jet in there but it was a 360 which i didnt know how it was running right but anyway...i put a 300 jet in there an it didnt run good at all it just kept bogging down an wouldnt idle or drive... it would start for like 3 seconds then die. so i put the 360 back in and it seemed to run ok but it was slow on throttle response an just didnt seem to run right idk what jet size i should try next.. my mods are K&N Air filter with lid removed pro ciruict exhaust v force reeds.. still got the oil injector.. i dont understand how it could of ran good with that high of a jet when i didnt even have v force reeds doesnt make sense.

I would love to help but I don't know how jetting works either, sorry bud.

Seems way high IMO Maybe you have a mis labeled jet??? I have about the same mods and run a 280 and it's still a little fat. Do a plug chop. Only way to tell for sure.

See that the thing w me, I put my fmf fatty gold on and I already had the fmf powercore on it when I bought it, and I'm pretty sure its got stock jetting (230). And it runs great, but I do have my jet kit but, afraid to install it, cause it runs so good now!!!

See that the thing w me, I put my fmf fatty gold on and I already had the fmf powercore on it when I bought it, and I'm pretty sure its got stock jetting (230). And it runs great, but I do have my jet kit but, afraid to install it, cause it runs so good now!!!

that thing will go boom soon

you shud never ever do a mod like aftermarket pipes or reeds and no upgrade on the jets. your bike will seize, or atleast perform not so well as it shud. just bump the jet up as they are saying save yourself the time and effort in the longer run mate. you will notice the difference a plug chop is literally a 5min job that can save you alot of muny and time. Thats my 2p worth lol