What size carb do i need?

Twostroke_junkY

Mar 13, 2016
My question is what size carb should I run with my setup? I have a 2000 blaster. It has a Vito's 240 big bore kit, 4 mm forged stroker crank, full FMF exhaust, carbon fiber power reeds. Full port and polish, flywheel and counter weight have been lightened. Going to upgrade the stator and ignition coil as well.

I'm an advocate for the stock carb. The stock carb is good for ~80 HP. People will jump in and tell you that you NEED a 28+MM. If you can afford it, go for it, but the stock will run just fine.

you might get away with a stock carb with the low/mid power FMF pipe,
if it were a right bend or even a Toomey, I'd suggest a 34PJ or 35PWK for a stroked and ported 240cc

I'm an advocate for the stock carb. The stock carb is good for ~80 HP. People will jump in and tell you that you NEED a 28+MM. If you can afford it, go for it, but the stock will run just fine.

Where do you come up with this figure? Got a link or proof?

OP, part will depend on where/how you ride. With the type of pipe I wouldn't go over 33mm. JMHO.

Where do you come up with this figure? Got a link or proof?
image.png

I've been told through multiple builders that these carbs are good until the mid-high 70's. That's for both Blaster/Shee

I appreciate the help with this. Was ordering the V Force 4 reed setup and i have a 30mm carb to go on it. Just making sure i didnt need a bigger one.

I mostly just trail ride it, but love wot in open fields. Trying to keep up with my buddies that have some bigger quads